• Computers
  • [Solved] Using this forum (and others) in Firefox
2018/01/07 16:57:47
Mitch_I
Sometimes when I'm in the middle of reading Cakewalk or KVR forums, with several tabs open, Firefox turns white for a few seconds. When it comes back, sometimes it can't restore the page I was looking at. This has been going on for a couple of weeks -- before and after upgrading to Firefox Quantum.

Event Viewer System log says, "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I googled that message, and one of the sites said that the cause is probably the power supply. My PC is six years old, so maybe so. But when I use the forums in Edge or Chrome, I never see the problem.

I'm running Windows 10 with 16GB of memory and a dedicated video card with current driver.

Any suggestions?
2018/01/07 17:05:36
CakeAlexSHere
The driver is crashing.
Try turning off any graphics hardware acceleration on your browser.
What is your AMD display adapter model? You have updated the driver via the AMD website I assume?
2018/01/07 17:30:50
Mitch_I
Thanks for the advice.

It's the ATI Radeon HD 5400 series with 15.201.1151.1008 driver. I checked the update status of the driver by running Update Driver in Device Manager.

I've just turned off hardware acceleration in Firefox, so I'll restart and try the forums again.
2018/01/08 16:12:06
Mitch_I
Turning off hardware acceleration seems to have solved the problem. Thanks, Alex.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account