2014/03/19 09:42:19
Beagle
bapu
Since I can only imagine that any X4 wishlist is already locked down, I thought I be ahead of the curve on this one.

Me?

1. Nested folders. (I'll be soooooooo embarrassed if this in X4)
2. Fully workable drum maps with the ability to import/export .xls(x) map data

I think the users have been asking for these 2 items for...what???  3 years?  longer on the drum maps.

the drum maps have needed a major overhaul since the last decade.
2014/03/19 10:13:45
Splat
We need a good bug tracker.
2014/03/19 15:11:39
Soundblend
wish list uhmm ... let me see..

1. no demo songs
2. No loops ( audio library ) "optional download" for those that want it !
3. just a few VSTi's : Rapture / z3ta+ / session drummer and sfz player
4. main VST plugins, that is shipped with Sonar

To say it simple :
A tiny Sonar with a max file size of  300 -500 Mb

Don't need, all the unnecessary stuff i never use.

And yes i would do pay the same price for it still
it should be possible ...

2014/03/19 15:51:22
yorolpal
I'll ask yet again for the one feature we commercial broadcast folks really need:

SWIPE TIME SELECTION

Where you can just swipe over any length of a clip or track and Sonar will tell you it's total time.  When you're dealing all day with 15, 30 and 60 second increments you need to be able to quickly ascertain timings of reads, etc...  Using a stopwatch is so 20th century.  Or this morning as far as I'm concerned.  Sheesh.

2014/03/19 21:23:24
djjhart@aol.com
How bout bring back an old feature that was useful ( NOW TIME  in the control bar).. AIM ASSIT is cool but the numbers are a lot smaller than it was in the control bar. 

Hook Up the loop construction view where as we would never need an external sampler.. 
2014/03/19 21:30:58
Anderton
kristoffer
re-amp integration, just like Pro-Tools have if you have the Eleven Rack.

Can you elaborate? Sonar inherently reamps with sims because the track is recorded dry. If you use the external insert plug-in, you can feed it out to amps or whatever, and treat the external gear as a plug-in. So I'm not sure what it is you can't do.

FYI in case you hadn't heard, Avid has released an Eleven editor (64-bit, even) so you don't have to use Pro Tools to edit it any more...and Eleven will work as an ASIO interface with Sonar.
2014/07/17 14:13:43
Super Newbie
jeebustrain
2 (or more) multidocks. Some of us have more than 2 monitors.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!  I have 3 monitors and having more than 1 mulitdocks would TOTALLY change/improve Sonar usability!

2014/07/17 14:43:54
Guitarpima
I think Cakewalk needs a mascot. Maybe a dinosaur or a koala bear?
2014/07/17 14:46:54
KPerry
djjhart@aol.com
How bout bring back an old feature that was useful ( NOW TIME  in the control bar).. AIM ASSIT is cool but the numbers are a lot smaller than it was in the control bar. 

Can you not do this by making the Transport module visible and repeatedly clicking on the numeric part until it changes to time?  If you keep the time display in the track view header showing musical time, you can have two "types" of time measurement available simulataneously.
2014/07/17 15:49:24
robert_e_bone
1.  Nested folders
2.  Coffee cup
3.  Coffee for the coffee cup
4.  Step Sequencer acceptance of eighth-note meter base
5.  Multiple settings 'profiles'
6.  A 'Let it Pass' filter, designed to quickly detect the presence of the dreaded wife/partner, and attenuate any input from said wife/partner down to the point of not being audible.
7.  A box of bandages, for when said wife/partner figures out we have the technological means of eliminating their speaking to us.

Bob Bone

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account