2015/01/14 04:35:01
EricDeluxe
Hello

Seem like there been some updates on Audio Snap in the latest update of Sonar (Platinum etc). I still feel that Audio Snap don't have the same usability and functionality as the "warp" function in Ableton Live. I often want to change pitch and speed of samples, or sync vocal samples in a song. 

Are there more Sonar users that want an update of Audio Snap (or perhaps in loop tool?) to include "warp" functionality? I would at least;)

Thanks!

2015/01/14 06:42:46
Scoot
Have you come to that conclusion from watching the videos?
2015/01/14 14:12:12
Beepster
ErikDeluxe
Hello

Seem like there been some updates on Audio Snap in the latest update of Sonar (Platinum etc). I still feel that Audio Snap don't have the same usability and functionality as the "warp" function in Ableton Live. I often want to change pitch and speed of samples, or sync vocal samples in a song. 

Are there more Sonar users that want an update of Audio Snap (or perhaps in loop tool?) to include "warp" functionality? I would at least;)

Thanks!

You can do that stuff in the Loop Constructor and I think in the Groove Clips section of the Inspector. It's just not as intuitive as I've read it is in programs like Ableton which are geared more towards sampling type stuff.

However I was hoping for a complete overhaul of Audiosnap as opposed to a facelift and tune up but I'll take what I can get.

Oh and I forgot about the Timing Tool which allows you to timestretch/warp audio clips right in the Clips Pane. You have to render the clips after though to avoid artifacts. Also there are plenty of transposition tools in Sonar that can alter the pitch of audio clips (we have Melodyne where you could select all the "blobs" and just move them up or down or you I think there is a Transpose option in the Process global menu... and again the Loop Contructor view allows for pitch stuff). They again usually need to be rendered. So yeah... you can already do all that stuff... it just takes a little more effort than in the EDM focused DAWs like Ableton.
2015/01/18 10:17:16
John T
Yeah, there's nothing that can't be achieved with the existing tools, but some of the workflow is very clunky. Phase coherent multi-track time-stretching (of drums, for example) is still way more painful than it needs to be. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually, though.
2015/01/18 20:57:05
Dave Modisette
Compared to what I am used to using, Audio Snap (although somewhat improved) could use consistent attention over the upcoming development cycle.  If a waveform has a definite spike at it's beginning, the transient is detected pretty well but I still get a lot of transients detected that I don't want or they aren't where they should be and this takes quite a bit of manual manipulation and editing.
2015/01/18 21:12:37
ArcRex
I look forward to the Audiosnap updates. I use to get very frustrated with the results of Audiosnap. Now, in Audiosnap I set the threshold to 0%, the resolution to 1/8, Quantitize to 1/8 then bounce to clips. That has produced pretty good results for me. I am always ahead of the beat. Hopefully the new Audiosnap will be better.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account