2015/01/15 02:18:09
scook
Can't remember (FXpansion?), I did like it though.
2015/01/15 02:46:44
dubdisciple
it was pre before I started using sonar
2015/01/15 03:03:01
scook
I see Cyclone is still bundled with the new SONAR. That has been around a very long time (and looks it).
2015/01/15 03:06:38
dubdisciple
scook
I see Cyclone is still bundled with the new SONAR. That has been around a very long time (and looks it).

I think it was ahead of its time. Always thought it sounded great in theory, especially for break type genres like Jungle.  i often tell myself i will try it, but then never get to it since it's so hideous
2015/01/16 02:08:04
Spencer
Personally I'm happy that cakewalk aren't putting in any resources on a drum sampler, for the following reason: there is no way that it could be anywhere as good as battery3. battery is boss. it is forever the king of the virtual drum machines. if I were cakewalk, I would put a disclaimer in the Sonar information: "You should really get battery to go along with Sonar". they would be doing everyone a service imo, much more so than making their own attempt.
2015/01/16 14:42:17
dubdisciple
Spencer
Personally I'm happy that cakewalk aren't putting in any resources on a drum sampler, for the following reason: there is no way that it could be anywhere as good as battery3. battery is boss. it is forever the king of the virtual drum machines. if I were cakewalk, I would put a disclaimer in the Sonar information: "You should really get battery to go along with Sonar". they would be doing everyone a service imo, much more so than making their own attempt.

I kind of agree with this , but hope they try at some point anyway. I don't  use battery and no software is right for everybody, so choice is king. I also have seen several times in my life where a clear market leader is dethroned by someone brave and innovative enough to attempt. I have even see a product not change much at all but suddenly become popular because people find out it fits a particular genre better than the market leader at the time.  I tried battery demo, but for what i do, geist was a better choice.  Cakewalk is unlikely to invent the wheel but stranger things have happened. One of the simplest but effective mpc type plugins is only 50.
2015/01/16 19:42:28
TomHelvey
It's a functionality gap, virtually every other DAW has a drum machine/sample player built in. Even if Cakewalk doesn't make the best one on the market, they can check the box. If users want something better, they can buy a 3rd party one.
Battery is much better than the Ableton drum machine, but Ableton has something you can use out of the box.
2015/01/17 10:26:34
mikannohako
I have battery and anyone who already has battery would not want just another drum sampler. Instead, I kinda want a sampler and instrument rack integrated with sonar. I think Instrument rack could be a drum sampler. so it might be the same idea.

imagine If you right click on a wave clip and chose something like "slice it to Instrument rack" then sonar create a new track and now you can hit midi to play sliced samples. and also you can edit each samples, like changing the start point, pitch, level, etc.

if it can be replaced by 3rd party vsts like battery, then we don't really need it, but I think built-in samplers could be nicer sometimes because there would be less steps (maybe just with a shortcut key)to work on.
2015/01/17 13:41:11
tparker24
What about Dropzone?
2015/01/17 16:13:59
dubdisciple
tparker24
What about Dropzone?

Dropzone is just not an ideal solution  for this sort of thing. For starters it requires you dig into sfz codes to create a drumkit. It also is not multti-output. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account