2015/01/17 19:33:31
Kamikaze
mikannohako
I have battery and anyone who already has battery would not want just another drum sampler. Instead, I kinda want a sampler and instrument rack integrated with sonar. I think Instrument rack could be a drum sampler. so it might be the same idea.

imagine If you right click on a wave clip and chose something like "slice it to Instrument rack" then sonar create a new track and now you can hit midi to play sliced samples. and also you can edit each samples, like changing the start point, pitch, level, etc.

if it can be replaced by 3rd party vsts like battery, then we don't really need it, but I think built-in samplers could be nicer sometimes because there would be less steps (maybe just with a shortcut key)to work on.

I  can think of useful applications for this, even for none beat makers. It would make create making one off interesting effects that create details of interest, introduce next sections really easy. Reversed piano chords and percussion hits. This would be great if there way a way of taking the the sample post effects in an easy selection, without having to print the track.
2015/01/17 23:01:29
mikannohako
Dropzone was good as a sampler but it's kinda out of date, i remember it's still 32bit.

and also it's not as usable as other programs when it comes to a drum sampler. and it's not even a integrated sampler.

I don't know if cake will updates dropzone in the future but isn't it time to refresh sampler capability in sonar?
2015/01/17 23:20:42
mikannohako
Kamikaze
I  can think of useful applications for this, even for none beat makers. It would make create making one off interesting effects that create details of interest, introduce next sections really easy. Reversed piano chords and percussion hits. This would be great if there way a way of taking the the sample post effects in an easy selection, without having to print the track.

Yeah, these features will benefit users who make remix, edm, idm, and whoever wants to be really creative. And also they bring better workflow.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account