2015/01/16 05:31:45
Drone7
I would like Cakewalk to entertain the possibility of allowing the ProChannel to accommodate Steven Slates plugins. Of course this would need Slatedigital to collaborate in the process, but what a great thing for those of us who only purchase Sonar Professional and haven't got access to the Console-emulator and Tape plugin etc.
The benefits of this should be obvious. I can't see how it would be detrimental to Cakewalk, and would only be very helpful to those of us with Slates plugins. Slate would just need to update their code with Sonar versions that would slot-in to the Sonnar pro channel the same way the current ProChannel plugins do now.

Just imagine such a scenario, if someone owns the Platinum version of Sonar, they could buy all of Cakewalks offerings and Slates offerings and have a bigger palette of plugins to choose from for analog emulation duties. For those of us with only Sonar Professional, we wouldn't have to miss-out on the workflow benefits of the ProChannel if we own any of Slate's plugins. Sounds like a win-win all round to me. The bottom-line being that this would more than likely boost sales for both Cakewalk and Slatedigital, but most of all this would put us users in a better position regarding the range of plugins we have to work with in relation to the convenient methodology of the ProChannel workflow.

If Cakewalk are agreeable to this idea, i'd be happy to contact Slatedigital and submit the proposition to them.

2015/01/17 12:43:57
John T
Isn't this what the FX chain module is for though? Drop a Slate plugin into one of those, make a skin for it with the necessary controls, job done.

I think the only shortcoming of that approach is that configured FX chains don't appear on the PC right-click list, only the empty FX chain holder. So there's some minor inconvenience.
2015/01/18 09:10:25
dcumpian
Also, I'm almost certain that Slate has to do all of the work to make a ProChannel version of a plugin. Cakewalk would never say no to a vendor that made a stable, working ProChannel module.

Regards,
Dan
2015/01/18 10:23:22
Drone7
Yes, now that you mention it, good point, i think that would probably be the case.

Can someone from Cakewalk please chime-in and let me know if Cakewalk would be ok with such a scenario. Then i'll approach Slatedigital about it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account