2017/09/06 23:11:48
cclarry
Waves have changed their Transfer Fee policy.  Read below...
Apparently this went into effect on July 11th 2016...which I was not aware of, so
thought I would post it here...

Transfer of Ownership Steps for Software:

Here are the steps for transferring a license from one account to another. Each license being transferred will need to be covered under the Waves Update Plan.
First, make sure your licenses have been updated to version 9 in your Waves Account.If your licenses have been activated to your computer or to a USB flash drive, move them back up to the cloud using Waves Central.Complete the form below.Transfer fees are 5% of the normal list price of the products being transferred (with a minimum $10 and maximum $150).Upon receiving your e-mail, we will confirm the following steps are complete and send you a secure payment link to complete the transfer fee.Once this payment is finished we will complete the transfer. The Waves Update Plan end date will be transferred to the new owner as well.If you have questions, feel free to contact our Sales Team.

Transfer of Ownership Steps for Hardware:

Here are the steps for transferring a hardware license from on
2017/09/06 23:47:46
msorrels
Since I just sold a Waves plugin, I can say for a fact this page just changed today
http://www.waves.com/support/transfer-of-ownership

It wasn't like that until today.  Last week that page had you send email to matt@waves.com with the transfer information and only charged a fee if the retail price of the product was more than $700.

2017/09/07 00:23:43
cclarry
That's what I thought also, but saw the "Last revised date", and that's
what threw me.  I don't recall there ever being a fee, unless for Bundles
that retailed over $700...in which case it was $150..
2017/09/07 00:24:38
TheSteven
So now the transfer fee is:
"Transfer fees are 5% off the normal list price of the products being transferred (with a minimum $10 and maximum $150)"

So if you bought a $199 plugin for $29 it'll cost you $10 to sell it.
Or if you're selling Gold bundle which lists for $799 the fees will now be $40 - as opposed to 0$ last week (for GOLD they were waving the $150 fee).

I guess with the now constant Waves sales that there is a constant churn of resales - so now Waves has created a 2nd source of revenue...
2017/09/07 00:37:03
TheSteven
Waves page says content was Last updated on: 7/11/2016 11:55:21 AM
but on 8/30 when I emailed Waves about transferring Gold it had the old verbiage.
2017/09/07 01:41:20
BassDaddy
That's kind of a game changer
2017/09/07 02:08:52
Eddie TX
Whoops, there goes one advantage of Waves ownership: being able to transfer most products without a fee (as long as the WUP was in effect).

I assume Matt's license-transfer workload just got too crazy. Welp, there's something to keep in mind before plunking down the cash for that $29 plugin ...

Cheers,
Eddie
2017/09/07 02:13:28
Fleer
There goes Waves.
2017/09/07 04:35:43
TheSteven
Fleer
There goes Waves.

+1

Either WUP or transfer fees, not both.

2017/09/07 13:42:05
KingsMix
Interesting.
I think this will be augmented after they receive a flood of inquiries on the deciphered details of this new policy.
This doesn't change my opinion on the quality of Waves plugins though , and won't deter me from using them or purchasing a toll from them that might appeal to me in the future.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account