• Software
  • Groove 3 - Do you "Rent" or "Buy"
2017/09/10 01:45:56
Markubl2
Groove 3 seems to have a pretty good reputation around here, and for good cause I think.  I'm still fairly new to all this, so "how to" videos are good for me.

Over the past year, I've purchased several of them, but I know that many folks do the month or yearly pass.  Just out of curiosity, so you purchase specific videos, or so you do the all access pass, and why?

Me, I have only ever purchased the videos - I have always been an "own" instead of "rent" kind of guy, and I've found myself going back several times to some of the videos (the Midi ones especially).  In addition, sometimes it will take me weeks to get through one of the courses, based on my available free time.
2017/09/10 02:29:25
BobF
I was able to watch everything of interest within a 3 month window that was on sale for the price of 1 month.
2017/09/10 03:02:39
Fleer
More of an owner here, as I've seen many a month go by without watching anything. Then again, viewing on the fly seems a lot of fun. So I think I'd prefer being able to watch the ones I bought wherever I am. Do we have access to our purchased tutorials without active subscription?
2017/09/10 03:41:31
Markubl2
Yes, you do. I've never had an active esubscription and I always have access to what I purchased. 
2017/09/10 03:47:11
clintmartin
I buy what I want.
2017/09/10 05:37:12
Grem
I buy what I want when there is a sale going on. I just can't say for sure I will be able to watch something in a certain amount of time. Things happen around here unexpectedly. So I don't "rent"
2017/09/10 05:38:29
Grem
And yea, I can still d/l what I bought with no subscription ever.
2017/09/10 11:22:48
Fleer
That's sweet indeed, guys, didn't know we could stream our purchased tutorials vid by vid without active subscription or having to actually re-download them.
2017/09/10 14:27:54
Marshall
I bought a few, then did the year long pass thing, didn't renew but missed it, amd have just bought another year.

For me it makes sense because having more or less retired, I have more time to spend on music, and I am actively learning in a few areas. It also helped that I had a deal and could get this second year for about £50.

The other thing is that I am currently suffering from GAS, and if I watch instructional videos on my purchases, it makes me feel better!!
2017/09/10 15:26:45
jeteague
In this case, I am a renter.  I guess I am plain ignorant! (or was).  I wanted to see so many of these videos, that I would have gone broke buying them!

Also, new videos are added all the time plus I have been buying new soft synths and can use the bass/guitar/keyoard instruction.  For me renting is cheap.  I did purchase the year pass when it was on sale too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account