• Software
  • Groove 3 - Do you "Rent" or "Buy" (p.3)
2017/09/10 20:54:55
dmbaer
I bought enough one-year passes during sales that I'm good until sometime in 2019, I think.  On the other hand, I haven't watched a single video in about eight months.  They are adding new ones all the time, but they haven't added anything of interest to me in quite a while.  I'm not sure if I'll bother to renew whenever my pass runs out.
2017/09/10 20:55:51
Jesse G
I've never purchased a groove 3 (G3) all access pass, however, I do have a G3 account.  I have never purchased a subscription at all, however, I have used several free one month or a few months subscriptions to view as many videos as possible.   The videos I am interested in owning for myself, I do purchase.  I like the sale or bundled videos pertaining to Mixing, recording vocals.  or a particular explained series.

Currently I have purchased 18 videos and a few have never been watched as they were purchased as part of a bundle deal.  I will view those videos when it becomes necessary.

2017/09/10 21:14:14
Fog
sub'd it for years.

the problem is getting the time to watch the stuff.

also in your account check virtual cash. you may get enough to get a year for free, which paid for this years one.

xchange bundle I bought, also had a years pass .. so that's another year got on the cheap.. they do stack up.. I'm ok till feb 2019.

I do like it, but it's just getting the time.. and I chrome cast it to a tv also.

they do an xmas sale , or near then.. so thats when I buy it.

2017/09/10 21:20:49
Jesse G
Fog,

I have used groove cash to make many purchases before.  Currently I have 10.16 in groove cash.
2017/09/10 23:39:43
jbow
I've done both. At first I bought but now I occasionally sign up for monthly and watch what I want, then cancel..

Julien
2017/09/11 00:04:14
abacab
jbow
I've done both. At first I bought but now I occasionally sign up for monthly and watch what I want, then cancel..

Julien

That is probably the best way.  Schedule some time, rent all access for a month or two ... get caught up ... then cancel.
2017/09/12 01:04:54
jimfogle
I buy.  I download the purchased video tutorials and load them to an android tablet and media player.  That way I can view the videos whenever I want even without access to the internet.

Occasionally Groove3 will offer a free viewing month.  When they do I will sample a lot of series to discover what else might be of interest.  Normally I do.

I've written them and have always quickly received answers.  I have really good thoughts about Groove3 and the videos they offer.
2017/09/12 01:23:41
filtersweep
I got the year pass for $99 around Black Friday last year. It is a great deal, though I admittedly don't take anywhere near the advantage of it that I could. Even so, watching only a few vids is worth the price of admission. Would be nice to own them and be able to slow them down at times (which as far as I can tell you cannot do while streaming) but the price differential is staggering. Also, as mentioned above, software (esp products like Sonar) change constantly which limits the shelf life of the product to some degree.

Brian
2017/09/12 14:06:03
kson
husker
Groove 3 seems to have a pretty good reputation around here, and for good cause I think.  I'm still fairly new to all this, so "how to" videos are good for me.

Over the past year, I've purchased several of them, but I know that many folks do the month or yearly pass.  Just out of curiosity, so you purchase specific videos, or so you do the all access pass, and why?

Me, I have only ever purchased the videos - I have always been an "own" instead of "rent" kind of guy, and I've found myself going back several times to some of the videos (the Midi ones especially).  In addition, sometimes it will take me weeks to get through one of the courses, based on my available free time.

I buy the yearly pass.  The "own" option is great if you never plan to upgrade anything (especially with DAWs).  However, with the rate the most VST's are upgrading, G3 has done well to stay on top of it - for the most part.  In this way, your instructional video never becomes outdated.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account