• Software
  • Anyone excited about Superior Drummer 3?
2017/09/11 14:53:14
stm113cw
It comes out tomorrow, Sweetwater has it for 36 months interest free. I've been reading up on it and am really jonesing for it but I'm a little afraid I'm buying into the hype. I still have Slate I purchased back in the day and get good sounds, I've used SSD4 in 2 projects with a friend and it works well too but still not where I want it to be. I can't ever get sounds from AD2 that I can use for anything other than rough demo (especially in the snare dept). The tracker function looks really cool though, as does the midi grid editor. I know that we have drum replacer and piano roll/step senquincer but this is designed specifically for SD so I'm imagining it would be better matched. Plus the sounds are pretty incredible from the demos I have heard. What are your thoughts?
2017/09/11 16:01:02
bapu
My thought? I already pre-ordered it. 
2017/09/11 16:14:07
Leee
All the hype (while annoying) is definitely well deserved.  Superior Drummer 3 is a game changer.  All the features, the samples, the microphones, the editing capabilities, all under one roof is simply incredible.  I've got SD2 and EZDrummer 2, but SD3 is a big step forward, especially for professional producers, and those who need more from a drum software program than what's currently available.   The hype says it will become the new gold standard, and I do believe they are right.

I also have about 10 other popular drum programs.  Which I rarely ever use.  I think I might just delete all of them to make room for SD3.   And in a few months we will be seeing SDX and MIDI Pack add-ons to make it even greater.
2017/09/11 16:20:57
Slugbaby
I'm not excited.  Superior Drummer 2 and Addictive Drums already cover my needs.
However, I recently bought the CreativeLive course on SD2.  1/2-way through it, I'm amazed at what SD can do.  If I wasn't already set up with so many ways to get the drums I need, I'd probably be more interested in SD3...
2017/09/11 18:07:41
Glyn Barnes
Seems like many of the new features are already in BFD3 in some shape of form. The drum replacement is unique for this type of product, but I don't need that.

I will probably upgrade at some point, but I am in no rush, between SD2 and BFD3 I am well covered (and I have Addictive Drums that came with SPLAT sitting unused on my hard drive)
2017/09/11 18:09:20
stm113cw
@Slugbaby, how do you get AD2 to work for you? I just can't get a usable snare sound. All of the drums sound to be all hit and no weight. As in no natural sustain.

A couple of other questions for anyone who may know...

1- How is the workflow going to be inside of SPLAT?

2-On the Toontrack FAQ it says that SD3 does all that EZD2 does and more, does this mean it will have the edit play style functionality and if so how would that work when using the midi grid to make your own drum parts?
2017/09/11 18:19:22
bitflipper
Nah. It's hardly been talked about...
2017/09/11 18:32:55
Slugbaby
stm113cw
@Slugbaby, how do you get AD2 to work for you? I just can't get a usable snare sound. All of the drums sound to be all hit and no weight. As in no natural sustain.

Pretty much straight out of the box - sounds great.
I'll usually send each kitpiece out to it's own Audio Track in Sonar, but that's more for mix flexibility.  For most pop/rock/country/etc genres, it works pretty well.  
2017/09/11 19:54:07
mmarton
Leee
All the hype (while annoying) is definitely well deserved.  Superior Drummer 3 is a game changer.  All the features, the samples, the microphones, the editing capabilities, all under one roof is simply incredible.  I've got SD2 and EZDrummer 2, but SD3 is a big step forward, especially for professional producers, and those who need more from a drum software program than what's currently available.   The hype says it will become the new gold standard, and I do believe they are right.

I also have about 10 other popular drum programs.  Which I rarely ever use.  I think I might just delete all of them to make room for SD3.   And in a few months we will be seeing SDX and MIDI Pack add-ons to make it even greater.

Ya same here, I have and mostly use EZD2.  The song creator and midi song layout is such a time saver it's unreal.  My only slight gripe is I really don't like a lot of the room sounds.  That said, I don't use AD2, BFD2 or ECO or SSD4 much at all anymore.  I find it really easy to get and process really good sounding drums.  I haven't pre-ordered but will likely buy SD3 anyways.  The sounds I've heard so far I really like, including all the rooms and all my EZX's are compatible, which is a deal MAKER as far as I'm concerned.  Looking forward to it.  
2017/09/11 20:22:26
Vastman
Preordered... what  Lee said. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account