2010/10/21 00:07:04
nebulae
Can't seem to find it. Just bought the D-Pro and Rapture download bundle and it didn't come with the manual. Also, I don't see it in the Support area. Any suggestions? Thanks.
2010/10/21 06:58:33
rm5700@optonline.net
nebulae

Can't seem to find it. Just bought the D-Pro and Rapture download bundle and it didn't come with the manual. Also, I don't see it in the Support area. Any suggestions? Thanks.

On my PC, I have Sonar Producer 8.5, and it is located here:  Program Files/Cakewalk/Dimension Pro/Documentation

Your setup may be different though, as you bought it seperately from Sonar.

Have you installed it yet?  You can use the windows search to look on your PC for words in it's title, which is
"Dimension Pro User Manual" and see if it finds it.
2010/10/21 10:07:27
nebulae
^ thanks for that link. So I take it I can just use Rapture as my main synth? Can I load D-Pro patches in Rapture?
2010/10/21 10:40:13
nebulae
Could someone please upload or post the PDF for D-Pro? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
2010/10/21 13:18:15
AT
The DimPro help is a html file within the DimPro folder.  I have a hard copy, but it came with the boxed synth.

Rapture and DimPro are similiar, but not exactly.  DimPro will play back a sample if it is longer than 3000 samples - Rapture will always make a wavetable of the sample no matter what the legnth.  This wavetable ain't the PPG kind, but a calculated file that plays cleanly from low to high notes.  Rapture has some different goodies, tho, like step sequencers.  They also come w/ different sample-sets - DimPro is more geared for acoustic instruments while Rapture gyrates toward more electronic and synth sounds.  You can use the samples and SFZ files from one in the other, but the programs won't work w/ each others because of different aspects of the programs.

Usually I use DimPro for acoustic instruments and longer, more evolving sounds (playing back an entire sample helps w/ this), while Rapture is used for more synthy sounds (esp. with the sequencers).  They each have their place, tho it would be nice if one program combined both their stregnths.  Prehaps this is what Cake will do with their next iteration, although it has been so long I'm hoping for more than just a mash of the two.

@
2010/10/21 13:47:43
nebulae
^ I don't have that html/chm file in my version...is there any way you could simply attach it in a PM or email it to me? That would be of great great help. 
2010/10/21 16:30:45
AT
Try C:/XXX/Cakewalk/Dimension Pro/Documentation.  The C: X depends upon what operating system, I think.  Vista/Win 7 split the programs (one is a hidden subfile - you need to turn those on).

Yes their is an PDF file along w/ html.  I can't PM it to you since that is not a format for pm and the size is too large.  If it isn't there or not working you need to re-install or turn on your hidden files).

@
2010/10/26 10:40:14
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Hi Everyone,

The Dimension Pro 1.5 full installer does include the help documentation but the installer doesn't automatically extract it. To obtain the help files, you can simply copy the .chm help file over from the Documentation folder included with your installer.

You can also now grab these files here: http://www.cakewalk.com/s...der.aspx?ID=2007013200

2010/10/26 11:33:02
AT
Cool, Ryan. 

I wasn't about to post/email Cake's copywrited materia - I figured you or someone would be a long to do it official-like.

Glad the mods are back.  Does that bring good news, too?

@
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account