2015/01/11 09:16:12
Spencer
It would be preeeeeetty cool if we could adjust the range of the knob itself on the effect. for example. the knob could start acting on a parameter within the specified range only once the knob is turned past a certain point. and also stop actin before reaching full turn.

yo I heard you like knob ranges so I put a knob range in your knob range

actually I'm just noticing that it can kinda be done with a vst that supports bypass automation (and why don't we have automatable vst bypass by now anyway?) but it's super fiddly.
yeah and it uses one of my (highly limited!) available controls. there should be 12 available controls per knob. no 20! no 32! screw it, 64!
2015/01/11 12:08:10
stevec
I'd try this by using the Start and End parameters in an FX Chain:
http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X3&language=3&help=Mixing.34.html

2015/01/12 10:44:46
Spencer
I want a dedicated start and end control for the fx chain knob itself, AS WELL as for the effect's parameter.
2015/01/12 12:58:43
Wookiee
Confused, the way it currently works it gives you a great range of control, or finer control, over the parameter being controlled.  

Why set limits on that control, you are then actually defeating the point of being able to set upper and lower limits of the parameter.
2015/01/12 14:10:47
Spencer
just an example: setting up a knob so that its full range controls a saturation parameter, and once you come up to 2/3 of the knob and higher, a high shelf EQ kicks in, which also has its own range settings of course.

as it currently is, I think the fxchain knob functionality is a bit "static".
2015/01/12 14:30:37
stevec
You can assign a single FX Chain widget to multiple parameters, each with a defined percentage range. But I don't think you can determine a start & end point relation between the widgets' position and that percentage range - is that what you're looking for?  

If so, then this is the right forum.  

2015/01/12 20:07:20
Spencer
^ yep, you got it right.
2015/01/13 13:47:47
Wookiee
Now I understand what you are describing I can see that the current configuration has limitations, perhaps in another release of FX Chains or if there is an X4 or even a new SONAR who knows.
2015/01/13 22:37:12
Spencer
So apparently there are "Stunning new FX chains" in the new Sonar. Just imagine how even more stunning they would be if they updated the chain module with my brilliant suggestions.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account