2011/12/04 09:25:44
patmc007
Hello,

I have MC6 which came with some sound center synth instruments.  I recently downloaded and installed the Free Sound Center Expansion Pack which Cakewalk made available for those who upgraded to MC6.  After installation, I suppose I expected to see another soft synth listed in MC6 but do not.  So I'm not convinced it installed properly.  However, it may be possible that the expansion pack simply added more instruments to the existing soft synth.  And being as I didn't have the stock list memorized, I can't tell for certain what new instruments were installed with the expansion pack.  Can anyone offer some insight as to how I can tell for sure that this expansion pack was installed and what new instruments it provided?

Thanks!
2011/12/04 19:36:46
tomixornot
Sound expansion pack do not add new soft synth, only more sounds to the Sound Center.

The number of programs in Sound Center is stored here :

C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Sound Center\Programs

ProgramData is a hidden folder by default. This is from my system, X1, Win 7 64 bit.

To tell for sure how many new programs are installed, I suppose if someone without the expansion can provide a list of programs here, you can compare it to yours.
2011/12/05 23:32:54
patmc007
Well at least you settled one piece of it, that I won't see a new soft synth device.  And I checked out the folder you listed hoping to see programs with a newer date which could indicate the recent installation.  Unfortunately, they are all dated from 2009.  Oh well, perhaps somebody will list their programs as you mentioned.

Thanks for your help!
2011/12/06 12:22:40
tomixornot

If you have another PC/notebook, you can install MC6 and see the list of default Sound Center programs.

For Sonar X1, the license allows me to install it on two machines, as long as I don't run it at the same time (a second one on notebook when I'm out for example).. do check your license first!

2011/12/14 19:29:16
Guitarhacker
ditto on the new sounds.... if you were not familiar with what you had before, they could be lost in the maze.... 

You probably have them in the folder. Look at the number of instruments and realizing that CSC comes with 150 out of the box... if you have MORE than that... the upgrade worked and you got them all.....

If you only have 150, you need to find the others and tell CSC where they are.....or move them to the right folders. 
2011/12/31 13:43:14
patmc007
to confirm, do these sounds have a file extension of .prog?
2011/12/31 15:36:31
gcolbert
Pat,

There are .prog files that should match up with the programs.
I think that the real files are .wav some are .flac and there are probably others.
  I believe that the .prog   file just integrates them into Sound Center.
Do you have a Guitars->Electric Guitars->Funk Lick program in your Sound Center?  If you do it is most likely that you got them all installed.

Glen
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account