• Features & Ideas
  • Feature: Hide All Tracks Without Data.... my #1 workflow wish!
2015/01/07 21:36:39
Vastman
I am rapidly building large orchestral templates and templates with wonderful multis having acquired all the Albion series, Project Sam's OE 1/2 and other multitimbral instruments...I just LOVE track templates as I can define large sound groups and it gets me right into creating and selecting amongst various (literally 100s) of articulations/instrument groups.  However, the Console view for mixing is extremely frustrating with this as most tracks are empty and consolidating or just showing "data" tracks would be a huge improvement to mixing/management workflow.  While folders help in the track view and have been mentioned as desired for the channel strips (I agree totally with this) having X3/4 do a quick scan and hiding all empty tracks would be hugely helpful in BOTH views...as I'll be seeing what IS going on, not have to skip around amongst 100's of tracks, many of which are empty.

Reveal all tracks (either all or by folder and all or just console or tracks) would restore the perspective for further recording within a template(s). While tracks can currently be "hidden" this is cumbersome and time consuming to go back and forth whereas a simple "hide" unused tracks" would be nirvana to anyone using templates... This is my #1 workflow wish

I'd pay a $100 upgrade fee for this alone! Way too much wasted time/mixing obscurity...
2015/01/08 07:41:53
stevec
+1   I like the idea.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account