2011/12/09 12:48:00
Moe Shinola
I DL-ed some MIDI Xmas carols for some gift music I'm making with a friend, but when I set each channel in TTS-1 to the instrument I want, Mandolin on ch 1, for example, ch 1 jumps to Organ 1 as soon as the song starts playing, and it's the same for the other MIDI parts as well. They all play different instruments than the ones I picked. I suspect the files themselves have some extra information encoded into them. How do I keep TTS-1 on the instruments I want?
2011/12/10 10:13:00
Tap
The instruments are probably coded into the midi. Use the Midi Events tool and remove the instrument designation.
2011/12/10 11:00:46
Moe Shinola
The instruments are probably coded into the midi. Use the Midi Events tool and remove the instrument designation.

If only it were that simple. I went to Select-By Filter, then unchecked Patch. The same thing still happens like before. Do I have to do this for every single midi note in the whole piece? The Event Editor dosen't make any sense. None of the buttons across the top show or hide anything, the list dosen't change and anyway there's nothing there that looks like a bank or a patch. I looked at the Patch Change dialog box and it's confusing. I must be missing something.

2011/12/11 03:36:00
brundlefly
For the Edit filter to work, you have to start with all the events selected. So select all the tracks, then go to Select By Filter, click the None button, and then check the Patch box and OK. Now only Patch change events are selected, an you can hit Delete to get rid of them.

If you open the Event list view after selecting all the tracks, you can watch the filter and Delete work.
2011/12/12 02:07:46
Moe Shinola
Looks like it worked, Brundlefly! Thanks so much.
2011/12/12 02:14:27
Moe Shinola
Well, I spoke too soon. In the first group of MIDI tracks, the patches still change. I followed the directions but there were no more Patch Change events to erase. In the other groups of MIDI tracks
the new patches held, and did not change. Weird.
2011/12/18 01:42:31
brundlefly
Sorry I missed your update. Trying going to Views> Sysx, and delete any non-empty banks you find there, especially GM/GS Reset, which will return patches to defaults.

There may also be Sysx message events right in the tracks. You might try doing the Select By Filter thing, and un-checking only notes and controllers, so all the other extraneous stuff gets deleted. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account