2011/12/13 15:35:55
AT
Sonic is talking about different samples triggered by velocity, so the sound doesn't just get louder but brighter, etc.  Some of the dimension pianos use multi-sampled velocities, I think, to make them more realistic.  You should ask Cake. 

But that is more a function of the samples used than the synth.  To achieve the same thing in Dimpro (w/ its true sample playback engine) you would have to go into SFZ programming or grab the text from one of the instruments that does muti-sampled voices via velocity.  Actually, SFZ shouldn't be too hard, tho text-based control is hard to get into.  Just as you spread the samples across the keyboard to trigger different samples, you tell the engine to play a different sample depending upon the velocity.  The sonic boys layered 7 (? I think) different samples across every note and restricted the velocity that any one would play.  A bit tedious.

Rapture and Z3Ta are synths, using a wavetable impression of a sample rather than the sample itself.  I guess you might be able to do something like it, but I don't think the results would be organic.

@
2011/12/14 07:39:54
stratigos24
AT thank you again for your help.
2011/12/14 14:42:03
brundlefly
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner; I don't keep a very good eye on the Instruments forum.

I'll have to watch the video later, but something's not right if these synths respond differently to velocity (either in volume or sample switching) in another host than they do in SONAR. All I can think would cause this are misconfiguration issues like having Vel+ maxed out on the MIDI track (or the MIDI part of a Simple Instrument track) so everything gets echoed/played back at Velocity 128.

In the specific case of Z3TA+, I know a lot of its patches do not have amplitude/volume response to velocity enabled by default. The drill for doing that is as follows.

Go to the Modulation section at the bottom of the z3ta+ GUI, and set the following values for Source, Range, Curve, Control and Destination:   ON     |||||||||||||||||||||||||     U-Lin+     VELOC     ALL OSC LEVEL     

2011/12/16 09:14:06
stratigos24
brundlefly

Go to the Modulation section at the bottom of the z3ta+ GUI, and set the following values for Source, Range, Curve, Control and Destination:   ON     |||||||||||||||||||||||||     U-Lin+     VELOC     ALL OSC LEVEL     

Thank you so much!!!!!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account