2014/08/11 15:52:54
Chappel
The ability to nest track folders.
2014/08/11 17:32:00
kday
1. A Pitch shifter that can change the pitch of 2-Track mix without changing the speed in real time would be great, where you can just change the pitch of the mix and it plays back at the same speed.

2. Also a better stereo widener that has an actual dry mono center Bass control or dry stereo signal balance in addition to the one already on board that thins out the sound if Stereo widening is applied.     

3. An up front "Import Audio" button on the Track near the Mute/Solo buttons area for the "Import Audio" option, considering it's one of the most frequently used options.

4. "Delete Audio" option in the Track drop down box, currently only a user is allowed to Delete the whole track, which deletes the whole track when only the audio is needed to be deleted.

5. Up front INSERT EFFECT button option next to the "Region FX" drop down box area, sorta above the Tracks, the most used basic everyday functions shouldn't be buried under right click menus. Instead of right clicking to find "Insert Effect" option to apply an effect, the user should be able to just select Insert Effect on a top menu button like some of the other functions, that's less used but made more easily accessible and more convenient to find for selection, it gets confusing sometimes looking to add an insert effect to a track and then having to right click while a track is playing and wondering if Insert Effect or Process Effect is the one needed for selection.

2014/08/12 10:42:30
robert_e_bone
Responding to item 1 above, I believe Melodyne supports doing pitch alteration - I used to to it in V-Vocal, BUT with V-Vocal you had to do it in little chunks at a time or it left artifacts or sometime just failed.  I have not done it with Melodyne , but believe it can do the same function.  The version that comes with Sonar X3 Producer Edition seems to only work on a single track at a time, so you would have to make multiple passes through the song to pitch-shift multiple tracks.  You could download the 30-day Melodyne upgrade version, which operates on multiple tracks, to check it out.

Responding to item 3 above, you can quickly do this by selecting the audio track you with to place the imported audio into, then use the menu shortcut key combo: 'ALT+F, then M, then A', without the '.  Once you do this really just a handful of times, it is quickly second-nature, if you do it fairly frequently.  I don't know if you could assign all of that to a hot key, as I have not done any of that, but that might also be something you could look into.  Keep in mind that functions that are things you do a hundred times a day, may not be used at all by the next guy.  We all have our own recording styles and practices.

Responding to your item 4 above, the following snippet is from the Sonar documentation:

"[Track view] Tracks > Wipe Track(s)

The Tracks > Wipe Track(s) command deletes track contents but leaves track properties intact. SONAR does not put wiped information on the Clipboard for later copying.
For more information about the Wipe Track(s) command, see Erasing tracks."

This wipes out only the track data, but leaves the track and its setup.

Responding to item 5 above, Process Effect is quite different from inserting an effect.  Process Effect has 2 options.  The following text is from the Sonar documentation for Processing an Audio Effect:

"Apply Audio Effects dialog

This dialog box gives you several options when applying audio effects:

Delete the effects from the track effects bin. This option lets you either keep your effects patched in the selected track(s) after the effects have been applied, or delete the effect from the track(s).

Fast bounce. This option is normally enabled but should be disabled if the track you are bouncing contains the External Insert plug-in (see External Insert plug-in). If you bounce audio that uses the External Insert plug-in, the bounce operation must be performed in real-time.

Audible bounce. The Audible bounce option is only available when in real-time bounce mode (when Fast bounce is unchecked). When Audible bounce is unchecked, no audio output will be heard during the bounce process. When in real-time bounce mode (Fast bounce unchecked) and Audible bounce is enabled, you can hear the output of the mixdown."

I hope any of the above is helpful to you - best of luck with all of it.

Bob Bone

2014/08/12 10:52:23
WallyG
kday

3. An up front "Import Audio" button on the Track near the Mute/Solo buttons area for the "Import Audio" option, considering it's one of the most frequently used options....

I like that!

Walt
2014/08/13 00:05:02
Spencer
nested track folders, rex playback in the browser crashing fixed, write automation on clip fx bin effects.
2014/08/13 09:43:11
jmasno5
Has anyone mentioned on the fly track and bus template changes? So in other words, you can apply any template to any existing track or bus with just a click.
Also, currently the project template is great to avoid setting up multi-track drums over and over. However, I would like to insert a drum template into an exisiting project. I usually use EZ Drummer 2 in a stereo track when I am laying the ground work for a tune. Once I have the kit and patterns in place I insert a multi-track Superior Dummer 2 for the final mixes. I may have to tweak the new drums but at least I would have a most of what I want in place.
2014/08/13 10:47:49
robert_e_bone
jmasno5
Has anyone mentioned on the fly track and bus template changes? So in other words, you can apply any template to any existing track or bus with just a click.
Also, currently the project template is great to avoid setting up multi-track drums over and over. However, I would like to insert a drum template into an exisiting project. I usually use EZ Drummer 2 in a stereo track when I am laying the ground work for a tune. Once I have the kit and patterns in place I insert a multi-track Superior Dummer 2 for the final mixes. I may have to tweak the new drums but at least I would have a most of what I want in place.

Set up a drum synth and all the channel outs and all the audio tracks, then save them as a track template, rather than a project template.  This then allows you to insert all of that into an existing project.  I do this all the time, and it saves me countless hours over time.

Anytime I work with or construct a new kit in Battery 3, I route each cell to its own outputs in Battery 3, and save it as a custom kit.  Then, I do all of the track routing and such in Sonar, and then save the whole thing off as a track template.  Over time, I have ended up with a bunch of these.

Love em, 

Bob Bone

2014/08/15 16:46:04
jonnewyork
I'd like to be able to be able to solo stereo busses while using an external insert on the master bus.
2014/08/18 10:51:27
jmasno5
robert_e_bone
jmasno5

Set up a drum synth and all the channel outs and all the audio tracks, then save them as a track template, rather than a project template.  This then allows you to insert all of that into an existing project.  I do this all the time, and it saves me countless hours over time.

Anytime I work with or construct a new kit in Battery 3, I route each cell to its own outputs in Battery 3, and save it as a custom kit.  Then, I do all of the track routing and such in Sonar, and then save the whole thing off as a track template.  Over time, I have ended up with a bunch of these.

Love em, 

Bob Bone

I can save multiple tracks as a track template or do I have to save them indiviually? Thanks.
2014/08/18 11:22:38
scook
A track template can contain many tracks and buses. When creating a track template containing buses, it must also have at least one track.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account