2014/08/18 12:20:24
robert_e_bone
You can select whatever tracks you wish, and then export those tracks, and the things connected to those tracks (fx plugins and settings, synth rack plugins and settings, buses) will be saved in the track template.

So, you can create multiple track templates from a single project, if you wish, by selecting one group of tracks and exporting as a track template, then selecting a different group (could be one) of tracks and exporting that group as a different track template, etc.

This is an INCREDIBLY cool feature of Sonar, as you get to reuse what could be quite complicated setups, that could include track folders and all the tracks within those folders, as well as all the settings and if present any contents, along with associated buses and any associated synths and effects.

Then you can insert one or more track templates into a different project, and all of that saved stuff gets loaded into that project, all ready to go.  I do this all the time with Battery 3 custom drum kits that have separate outputs for each cell, and separate audio tracks for each of those cell outputs, along with a midi track for recording drum data.  All of that gets loaded with just a few mouse clicks to load the track template.

Hope that better explains it.

Bob Bone

2014/09/07 21:18:00
jmasno5
robert_e_bone
jmasno5
Has anyone mentioned on the fly track and bus template changes? So in other words, you can apply any template to any existing track or bus with just a click.
Also, currently the project template is great to avoid setting up multi-track drums over and over. However, I would like to insert a drum template into an exisiting project. I usually use EZ Drummer 2 in a stereo track when I am laying the ground work for a tune. Once I have the kit and patterns in place I insert a multi-track Superior Dummer 2 for the final mixes. I may have to tweak the new drums but at least I would have a most of what I want in place.

Set up a drum synth and all the channel outs and all the audio tracks, then save them as a track template, rather than a project template.  This then allows you to insert all of that into an existing project.  I do this all the time, and it saves me countless hours over time.

Anytime I work with or construct a new kit in Battery 3, I route each cell to its own outputs in Battery 3, and save it as a custom kit.  Then, I do all of the track routing and such in Sonar, and then save the whole thing off as a track template.  Over time, I have ended up with a bunch of these.

Love em, 

Bob Bone

Really great tip. Thanks!
2014/09/07 22:23:21
Zo
1) FX slots in the console view ala PT , clean and more visable

2) more composing midi tools like a better arpegiator and chords generator and some ...

3) Real pro metering suite and monitoring option

4) FX and instruments docking alowing to see several at the same time (not pages by pages) like in ableton  but seeing the GUI's !!

2014/09/27 23:05:05
UMovies
just had a thought what if sonar x4 or next version is waiting and windows 9 or next version ?
2014/09/27 23:54:51
Splat
Win 9 is apparently due end of month...
2014/09/28 02:51:47
TerraSin
CakeAlexS

Only the preview or beta. The actual OS won't be out till sometime 2015, most likely Q3 2015 after a run of release candidates Q1/Q2. They will likely be showing it for the first time on 30 September.
2014/09/28 16:23:35
Splat
I heard different, they want to get Win 8 rebranded quickly... We shall see... Cheers..
2014/09/28 18:17:38
cityrat
"Varispeed" as implemented in REAPER (ie on-the-fly with the ability to preserve pitch).  The *only* thing I miss switching over to SONAR.
2014/09/29 15:21:13
polarbear
Just Two Things I Can Think Of:

1) Make it so you can move where any kind of video file starts within the timeline (used to be able to on older versions of Sonar!)

2) a quick button that quantizes a selection without going into the dialog boxes.
2014/09/29 15:44:16
dubdisciple
TerraSin
CakeAlexS

Only the preview or beta. The actual OS won't be out till sometime 2015, most likely Q3 2015 after a run of release candidates Q1/Q2. They will likely be showing it for the first time on 30 September.

Not at liberty to say how I know, but I would be shocked if win 9 was released this year.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account