2014/09/29 20:51:40
Steve77
Hi Guys ...three or four 'wishes' for the list.

1- To really help manage large track counts in the console more efficiently, I'd like to just see those that are 'open' in the expanded Track Folders at the time. So If I have, say, The Drums folder open with 12 tracks, that's reflected in the Console, with the folders for Gtrs, Bass, Vox, Keys, etc, all collapsed.  In an opposite way, I could expand/contract 'By Folder' in the Console too.

2 - It would be great if any plug-in interface could 'fill the screen', or at least be double the size, by the click of a button, toggle type, particularly on a second Monitor :)

3 - I like the Chord Analyzer as it helps my lacking music tech. skills, but the detail is really small. It would be great to have the Chords show in a Control Bar Module, like the 'blue' section of the Transport Module, that syncs with the 'Active' midi track, visible all the time.

4- Minor one, re Plug-In Manager. It would be really helpful that after re-scanning for newly installed plug-ins, that they show up with a little 'new' beside them or were in a different colour ...or just a filter to show 'new'.

Anything on the above would be gratefully received!
Cheers, Steve
2014/09/30 06:10:27
Greeny
I'd like it to not crash almost every time I clone a track, that would be cool.

And I probably aint the first to mention this but, a decent sampler please? It seems to be the only thing lacking in PE and before it is said SFZ, Dimension Pro... Making your patches in a text editor does not qualify as a decent sampler to me in 2014.

Other that those two things (and the cloning tracks thing isnt a massive issue since I rarely do it anyway) I am quite happy with x3e pe as it is

RE: Windows 8/8.1, I dont understand why people moved from windows 7? Touch maybe? I dont miss not having touch personally and I cannot stand windows 8, they just took windows 7 and horriblified (yes thats a word now lol) it.
2014/09/30 09:32:13
Splat
If it's crashing when you clone try removing the plugin, or try another plugin.
2014/09/30 09:41:58
scook
Greeny
And I probably aint the first to mention this but, a decent sampler please? 

If you need a sampler and don't want to pay for Kontakt try TX16Wx. No text editor required.
2014/09/30 10:08:47
Greeny
Alex, that kinda defeats the point of cloning! Now I just make a new track and copy stuff over, its easier and relatively risk free.

Scook, I have kontakt already, I just think a decent sampler is what is preventing PE from being a complete package - I cant think of much else I would need that it doesn't already have.
2014/09/30 10:13:15
Splat
> Alex, that kinda defeats the point of cloning!

The point is the crash is often down to the plugin itself not Sonar.

Cheers... :)
2014/09/30 11:09:40
Jyri T.
Sticky notes that stick to points in individual clips or envelopes or tracks.

Like "Fix X here!"
2014/09/30 13:09:58
Greeny
Alex, it does it with cakewalks plugs too :) It really isn't a huge deal :)
2014/09/30 15:38:10
TerraSin
CakeAlexS
I heard different, they want to get Win 8 rebranded quickly... We shall see... Cheers..

Was just confirmed today. They are expecting a late '15 release. The preview will be available tomorrow. They are calling it Windows 10... Weird.
2014/09/30 16:00:34
UMovies
TerraSin
CakeAlexS
I heard different, they want to get Win 8 rebranded quickly... We shall see... Cheers..

Was just confirmed today. They are expecting a late '15 release. The preview will be available tomorrow. They are calling it Windows 10... Weird.

yea with that news I doubt cakewalk is worrying about sonar x4 being windows 10 compatible, but good news its more of a merger than a new code base so win 8 apps and programs will work in 10
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account