2014/09/30 19:22:41
Splat
Greeny
Alex, it does it with cakewalks plugs too :) It really isn't a huge deal :)

If it does with latest version of Sonar and Cake plugs distributed with X3 or for sale right now, please post in Sonar bugs forum if possible. Would be really interested to see if I can repro. Thanks :)
2014/10/01 07:02:57
Greeny
Ok Alex I just did a little testing and here goes....

1. insert dim pro, load a patch, play in a little midi clip.
2. Add ANY vst FX to the FX bin
3. Clone track, get ready for crash recovery.

I just tried it with a bunch of plugins (both cake and none cake) and if there is anything in the FX bin it crashes, if there isn't it clones perfectly.
2014/10/01 07:09:28
Splat
Would it be possible to post this as a new thread in the Sonar problem report forum please so the topic can continue...ManyThanks...

BTW there is a new features and ideas forum so people might want to post their ideas in there (one at a time please) so people can vote on it.. Cheers..
2014/10/01 07:19:15
Greeny
CakeAlexS
Would it be possible to post this as a new thread in the Sonar problem report forum please so the topic can continue...ManyThanks...

BTW there is a new features and ideas forum so people might want to post their ideas in there (one at a time please) so people can vote on it.. Cheers..

Posted it over there now mate.
2014/10/01 07:31:15
Roo Stercogburn
1) Take Lanes working properly with Copy/Paste and don't feck up when you insert measures if the Take Lane itself isn't open. That has got to be number one on my list. Sonar's weak automation handling has driven me nuts down the years.

2) Single midi track/channel control of multiple VSTs simultaneously. Don't quote the Input Echo kludge at me, you know what I mean. Proper control of a group of VSTs from a single midi track for layering of different synths.

3) Some new synth VSTs, but not Rompler types.

2014/10/01 08:23:13
Splat
Greeny - Brilliant thanks :)
2014/10/02 11:21:27
UMovies
CakeAlexS
I heard different, they want to get Win 8 rebranded quickly... We shall see... Cheers..

yea its windows 10, yes sonar works with 10, but yes also gonna have to re install some plugins and synth's as usual, I have it on this machine, so far so good 
2014/10/03 10:20:52
Splat
Roo Stercogburn
1) Take Lanes working properly with Copy/Paste and don't feck up when you insert measures if the Take Lane itself isn't open. That has got to be number one on my list. Sonar's weak automation handling has driven me nuts down the years.

Is there a thread about this elsewhere (url?) If you have reproducable steps is it possible to create a new thread about this in the problem report forum?
2014/10/03 10:30:26
Roo Stercogburn
CakeAlexS
Roo Stercogburn

Is there a thread about this elsewhere (url?) If you have reproducable steps is it possible to create a new thread about this in the problem report forum?

I should have written Automation Lanes, not Take Lanes. Apologies, my bad. Automation Lanes have never worked well for me either in any X version. i can reproduce the problem every time.

If the Automation Lane is closed when I do a copy/paste an area within the DAW, the automation is not copied. If I expand the Automation Lane and do the same Copy/Paste, the automation gets copied.

Also, if I insert bars, say at the start of a project, automation does not get moved. Expand the Automation Lanes and they get moved.

There's a wierdness that also occurs at random with copy/paste. Sometimes it creates the new automation at the new pasted location but deletes the original, making it more like moving Automation. This does not occur consistently. I haven't been able to nail down what circumstances affect this. It makes copying and pasting an adventure :D
2014/10/03 10:38:12
Splat
OK if you could create a new thread in the bug reports forum so we can look at it that will be great. The more detail and specific steps you have for us (i.e. press this, click that) the easier and quicker it will be for us to reproduce. Cheers..
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account