2013/11/07 17:41:27
Microtonic
californiamusic
Clip gain via Pro Tools Style (Visual editing) would be NICE  ; )

Yes... but we must have choice: new clip gain info | old Clip Gain info.

Sometime I don`t need it... 
2013/11/07 17:55:12
Microtonic
14. Copy Track (Channel) settings and Paste it to the other Track (Channel)
15. In PRV all note have name: C-D-M-F-G-A-H (if I need it I on it in the menu).
2013/11/07 19:17:33
mudgel
Have you put in official features request.
2013/11/07 19:22:57
icontakt
Bakers, please give priority to requests submitted via the official feature request channel. Or abandon that and start an open feature request forum like the one in PreSonus forums.
2013/11/07 19:29:51
Kev999
Jlien X
...Or abandon that and start an open feature request forum like the one in PreSonus forums.

Agreed.  Feature requests should be public, not private, and open to discussion.
2013/11/07 19:30:21
twoifbysea
I would like a "feature request" button built into the control bar.  
2013/11/07 19:37:25
tomixornot
Zoom / scroll / fly out fx-bin to replace the current tiny fx-bin area, across all versions.
2013/11/07 20:15:29
mudgel
John
3 is doubtful too because they are Direct X plugins. But what would be the reason for the change? 

The Sonar included version of the Sonitus Suite is DX but in the Cakewalk shop the separate for retail sale suite is listed as VST and DX compatible. Would make it useful in any daws that don't support DX.
2013/11/07 22:09:02
Funkybot
Here's my big list (I tried to prioritize based on order of importance). This would make Sonar the "perfect DAW" for me IMO. I don't expect this all for X4. Heck, if we got 75% of this stuff by Sonar X6 I'd be besides myself with joy.

Bug Fixes

1. "Disk May Be Full" Error On Record
  2. Easily Corrupted Projects
  3. Duplicate Notes On Quantization
  4. Sonar Icon Remaining In System Tray After a Shut Down (or SONARPDR.exe in Task Manager)
  5. Disappearing Sonar (i.e. you're working in Sonar and "poof" you're on your desktop)
  6. Autosave "Cannot Find or Save File" Error (happens when there's already an autosave version of that file)

GUI/Workflow Enhancements/Feature Requests

1. Smaller GUI: A Scalable, Vector-Based Console View, or Different Console View Size Options 
  2. Smaller GUI: Thinner Console View Strips
  3. GUI - Console View: Larger Effect Bins, Smaller Fonts
  4. GUI - Console View: More Visible Sends
  5. GUI - Toolbar: Smaller toolbar
  6. GUI - Consider a "Non-Touch" option of the GUI if the larger items are there for touch screens
  7. Enhanced Signal Routing: Allow recording VSTi's to Audio
  8. Enhanced Signal Routing: Routing Audio Tracks to Other Audio Tracks (i.e. "tracks as busses" instead of separate busses)
  9. Improved Signal Routing - Faster Buss Routing (I should be able to shift+select in the Console view to group tracks, right click and have two options: 1) Route tracks to a new buss, 2) Route track to an existing track/buss (with a sub-menu showing the existing tracks/busses)
  10. Improved Output Assignment On Multi-Output VSTi's. All multi-out VSTi's should have a "Channel" button in the plugin menu that would show all available outputs with checkboxes next to each, clicking the box would create tracks for those outputs in the console and track views.
  11. Improved Plugin Navigation/And "Pin"-ning Plugin UI's - Users should be able to click from plugin to plugin on a channel directly from the plugin menu bar, instead of having to go back to the Console or Inspector views. One GUI would be open at a time by default, unless the user "pinned" or "locked" the GUI open, at which point any subsequent plugins would open in a new window.
  12. Opening VSTi's From the Console View - I don't even need a button, perhaps just let me double click on empty space on the Console view and have that open the GUI.
  13. MIDI - Non-Destructive Swing, Quantization, and Groove Quantization. Add a menu in the PRV that allows for realtime, non-destructive editing of swing, quantization, and groove quantization.
  14. Smaller GUI: Smaller (or Hide-able) Toolbar/Ribbon
  15. Properly Supporting Mono Plugin Processing for UAD (leads to a roughly 40% increase in UAD plugin counts)
  16. Console GUI - Mono/Stereo Interleave and Phase Reversal buttons on all audio/instrument tracks.
  17. MIDI PRV (and general window rules) - Open PRV (and other windows) with "Last Viewed" state (i.e. open the PRV exactly where/how it was when I last closed it).
  18. Improved Project Versioning. See Studio One's fantastic implementation where I can save and revert to entirely indpendent versions/mixes of projects all within a single file.
  19. Save recorded MIDI data in the Project Audio folder (like it were an audio recording) instead of in the CWP file. This way, if a project somehow does get corrupted, I still have the MIDI tracks.
  20. GUI - Fullscreen Console View
  21. Console View: Stereo Pan Pots - Still hard to believe I can't pan stereo tracks independently without having to go Channel Tools or a similar plugin.
  22. Gapless Audio
  23. Proper Instrument Tracks - Think Simple instrument tracks that seamlessly allow for MIDI or Audio effects
  24. Even Fewer Pop-Up Windows - Does pasting really need a pop window? Clicking and dragging an instrument from the browser? Stop asking me what I want to do and just do it.
  25. Simplified Audio Snap - This feature has become harder to use in the X series IMO (specifically tempo mapping a live performance), and it wasn't that easy to use before.
  26. Plugin Effects that can send MIDI should not have to be instruments.
  27. No More "Plug-in Properties" (just make the plugins work with things like tempo-syncing without having to edit the properties)
  28. Simplified Snap and Event Durations. I was never confused about what my Snap or Event Durations were before the X series. Some of the features that were created to simplify things, seem to have made these features more difficult to use.
  29. A little Staff View love.
  30. Varispeed Playback/Recording.
  31. Allow Me To Change Buffer Settings (i.e. Open ASIO Control Panel) or Change Preset "Buffer Profiles" From the Toolbar. I switch from low latency (recording) to high latency (mixing) quite often, and it would be nice not to have to go to Edit - Preferences - Audio - Open Control Panel each time. 
  32. Pro-Tools Session Import (if legal/possible)
  33. OS-X Version. In case I ever drop the PC platform (which some days, I'd like to)

Feel free to ask if you have questions on any of this stuff, don't know what I meant, or have more details. Most of the feature requests are things that I like about other DAW's that I'd like to see in Sonar.
2013/11/07 22:11:10
Funkybot
mudgel
Have you put in official features request.

FYI - in regards to my list, I've been in touch with Andrew and provided him a version of this list that includes more details on each feature request and bug. He's been clear that he could make no promises about any of it but agreed to review it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account