2013/11/08 13:50:11
Grem
Funkybot
mudgel
Have you put in official features request.

He's been clear that he could make no promises about any of it but agreed to review it.

Some very good suggestions there. Not all of them I would need. But some for sure!! 17, 18, 19 would be great!!
2013/11/08 13:58:16
swamptooth
Microtonic

7. Change edit midi СС# in PRV.
Now in Sonar X3 I need more time for draw this. In other DAW (Studio One) i can do it for 2 sec.

8. Try to do like this in Sonar... Make it in Sonar 4, Pleace.
This is PRV СС# edit Modulation... I can draw more... 2 sec to do it.

9. This:

after I have this automatically:

#7 - you mean like sonar does this??

#8 - you mean like draggin an rx2 file into an element in dimension pro then dragging dp's note icon to a midi track where you get this:

2014/07/17 01:04:07
soens
CakeAlexS
bruckner2
are you guys overlooking something more fundamental? the ability to change FONT SIZE in all views. or maybe this is something that was requested long ago and deemed impossible

That would probably only be possible with a console that is displayed using vector graphics (that would be a lot of work).

You CAN change font size but it has to be done through Windows settings which will change ALL Windows fonts.

I found making them bigger causes them to disappear when shrinking a Sonar text screen to a certain size, so there's tradeoffs for doing it that way.

2014/07/17 11:42:08
John
Microtonic
New:
FX BUS channel. When I create this FX BUS I can just choose the FX Plugins

This is new FX BUS I can hide in Console View like a simple Bus.

I don't understand this? Any buss can be anything. Just name it FX Buss if you want. I like to name mine as aux 1 and 2 and so on if that is how I am using them. Sometimes I will name an aux buss as reverb. If you are asking for a buss type that is different from what we have now how would that be better?

2014/07/17 12:19:22
Splat
soens
CakeAlexS
bruckner2
are you guys overlooking something more fundamental? the ability to change FONT SIZE in all views. or maybe this is something that was requested long ago and deemed impossible

That would probably only be possible with a console that is displayed using vector graphics (that would be a lot of work).

You CAN change font size but it has to be done through Windows settings which will change ALL Windows fonts.

I found making them bigger causes them to disappear when shrinking a Sonar text screen to a certain size, so there's tradeoffs for doing it that way.

Exactly with vector no tradeoffs. And making windows fonts bigger can screw up the display of some plugins.
2014/07/17 15:40:43
robert_e_bone
I would DEARLY (emphasis, not anger on the caps to the left), love to be able to enter a meter base value of something other than a quarter note, such as at a minimum an eighth-note - and hopefully also a sixteenth note (though the sixteenth note would be far less often used than an eighth-note).

I have submitted this as a Feature Request, and posted asking for it, for multiple years now.

This would GREATLY assist me with creating midi clips for odd meters. like 5/8, 7/8, 9/8, 11/8, and the occasional 19/16.

While odd-meters are not used by the vast majority of folks, those of us that DO use them do so ALL the time, and it is quite the pain in the brain to have to do with the current limitations, which require doubling the song tempo and entering 5/8 measures as if they were 2 measures of 5/4 played at double-time.

When I have music scores printed up for session players or for string sections and such, it makes Sonar look amateurish when they see the goofy way those measures look.

Is it THAT crazy hard to implement the above?

Please also note that if it came down to correcting an existing bunch of bugs versus implementing the above, I would vote for the bug fixes, but it has been years now, and I would really appreciate this getting at least looked at for potential inclusion in the next release.

A hopeful Bob Bone

2014/07/17 16:37:50
backwoods
Clip gain graphics like almost every other DAW. by this I mean the waveform changes in real time to show the effect of the gain level change you make. Sonar does this for fade ins/outs now and I hope they do it for clip gain next version.

The scrub tool is also still wiggy for me for every version of sonar I have used, on multiple computers with multiple audio cards. That might be a low priority though.
2014/07/17 17:30:05
Kroneborge
I'm going to enhancements to the draw features in automation.  
2014/07/17 20:48:55
miditus
MIX VERSIONS:
I'm wishing that someday a feature called MIX VERSIONS will be implemented. My vision about MIX VERSIONS is having an unlimited number of mixes/settings in a single project/song/cwp file. Meaning you can recall a certain mix within a project with a push of a button. You store a particular mix version in a button, With this implemented, you can cycle thru a certain mix with a push of button. Maybe you have a mix with lower bass or a whatever you desire. If possible, automation(vol, pan, mute, etc.....) and plugin setting can also be stored in a mix version with a corresponding description text. IT WILL BE A GREAT FEATURE. :-) At least for me.

I wonder if this feature is already implemented in ProTools.

This is similar to the SCREENSHOT feature.
2014/07/17 21:42:37
Splat
miditus
MIX VERSIONS:
I'm wishing that someday a feature called MIX VERSIONS will be implemented. My vision about MIX VERSIONS is having an unlimited number of mixes/settings in a single project/song/cwp file. Meaning you can recall a certain mix within a project with a push of a button. You store a particular mix version in a button, With this implemented, you can cycle thru a certain mix with a push of button. Maybe you have a mix with lower bass or a whatever you desire. If possible, automation(vol, pan, mute, etc.....) and plugin setting can also be stored in a mix version with a corresponding description text. IT WILL BE A GREAT FEATURE. :-) At least for me.

I wonder if this feature is already implemented in ProTools.

This is similar to the SCREENSHOT feature.

Isn't that called a project? Admittedy it takes two or three clicks not one to open up another project.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account