2014/07/18 00:50:05
miditus
CakeAlexS
Isn't that called a project? Admittedy it takes two or three clicks not one to open up another project.

Nope. I don't want to open another project with different mix. This is within a single project where you can call up a particular mix versions instantly without opening another project. You know, sometimes, opening another project takes time specially if the project has a bunch of VIs with samples in it. You cannot afford a client to wait while the project is loading.

Imagine having 92 mix versions(correct me if i'm wrong :-)) of Billie Jean within a single project and calling each version in an instant without the hassle of loading another project. Bruce Sweden would be very happy. :-)

Hope you get the idea. After all, it's just an idea. :-)
2014/07/19 08:21:45
Loptec
I'd really like to see an update to the piano roll. Like better tools for working with controller data (have seen a few youtube clips of how Cubase deals with this and it looks great)

..and integration of some kind of key-switches-tools (maybe for example lock the positions of these keys in PRV so you always have access to them and giving them labels(?)) to speed up workflow with these kinds of instruments. I've written some about this before as well.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2882167

californiamusic
Clip gain via Pro Tools Style (Visual editing) would be NICE ; )

+100

Microtonic
Kev999
Jlien X
...Or abandon that and start an open feature request forum like the one in PreSonus forums.

Agreed. Feature requests should be public, not private, and open to discussion.

YES!

+100
2014/07/19 09:22:11
Splat
miditus
CakeAlexS
Isn't that called a project? Admittedy it takes two or three clicks not one to open up another project.

Nope. I don't want to open another project with different mix. This is within a single project where you can call up a particular mix versions instantly without opening another project. You know, sometimes, opening another project takes time specially if the project has a bunch of VIs with samples in it. You cannot afford a client to wait while the project is loading.

Imagine having 92 mix versions(correct me if i'm wrong :-)) of Billie Jean within a single project and calling each version in an instant without the hassle of loading another project. Bruce Sweden would be very happy. :-)

Yup you want to load up projects faster with less clicks :)
Cheers...
2014/07/23 10:09:37
Jürgen Gleisberg
Wow, many many wishes.
I just want for the moment improvements for notation. As many people here wrote months and years ago, this part of sonar is still not on a level it should be, especially when comparing to the other parts of sonar. Comparing to other daw's like cubase, samplitude (those I know), logic and so on, it is amateurish -  for years now!!!

For example it is not possible to print just a part of music, you have to print the whole music. Or does anybody know how to do this?

I don't want Sonar to have big Notation features like Cubase, but now it is time for little improvements.

Kind regards,
Timo
2014/07/23 11:11:21
jmasno5
miditus
CakeAlexS

I would love this feature.
2014/07/23 12:07:35
TerraSin
I'm cross posting this from the X5 wishlist because I'd much rather see these in X4. The sooner some of these get changed, the better.

Some off the top of my head:
1) Better (and on the fly/drag) time stretching algorithm.
2) BPM detection
3) Better video support
4) Free copy of Sonar x4 Power! (Scott should get the information he needs while in development so the book can launch with Sonar)
Edit: Actually, I'm going to take this one step further and ask that Cakewalk fund Scott to make a proper training video series with work files. One thing Sonar is really missing is a comprehensive training course that teaches you how to use Sonar efficiently. I look at sites like Lynda and MacProVideo that have very deep, complete training videos for DAWs like Logic and Protools (Heck the Essential PT11 course is over 9 hours long just by itself) where as Sonar only has very brief introduction videos available. Considering the learning curve Sonar has and the amount of control it gives the user, it needs to have proper educational material as well and considering the obvious gift Scott has for teaching (at least through print), I can't think of anyone better to do it if he'd be willing. Hell, I've been using Sonar for years and I'm still learning and figuring things out every day with it that I didn't know and quite frankly, should have known. If this were put up on the store for a reasonable price (I wouldn't expect it to be included with X4), I would snatch it up in an instant. Also, if it were sectioned in modules much like a lot of these courses are on other sites, it would make updating a lot easier because not all the information would change with every release.

Also, if you're going to add more third party softsynths, I would request new selections rather than the same ones that came in previous versions. iZotope, FabFilter, Omnisphere or ProjectSAM stuff would all be awesome (and wishful) plugins to add into Sonar Producer.
2014/07/23 12:21:28
Del
TerraSin

Edit: Actually, I'm going to take this one step further and ask that Cakewalk ..... to make a proper training video series with work files. .......

TerraSin
Good idea and I second the idea!
2014/07/23 14:25:00
Pragi
Gents,
 I like to have the possibility to insert Fx aso after freezing a track
aso.So that it´s possible to edit frozen tracks.
Thanks
2014/07/23 14:27:38
scook
Pragi
Gents,
 I like to have the possibility to insert Fx aso after freezing a track
aso.So that it´s possible to edit frozen tracks.
Thanks

This is currently possible. After freezing, right-click the FX bin and uncheck "Bypass Bin"
2014/07/23 15:48:50
Kev999
miditus
CakeAlexS

I don't see how this could work in practice.  A "saved mix" would only remain useful (or even meaningful) within a project if you don't make any alterations to the routing or add/delete any plugins.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account