2014/07/23 17:19:44
Pragi
scook
Pragi
Gents,
 I like to have the possibility to insert Fx aso after freezing a track
aso.So that it´s possible to edit frozen tracks.
Thanks

This is currently possible. After freezing, right-click the FX bin and uncheck "Bypass Bin"

Really, thanks a lot!
2014/07/23 17:59:36
dubdisciple
Some great suggestiona. Some "don't hold your breath waiting for that one" ideas. Some "what Karl Marx books have you been reading?" suggestions. Not trying to be insulting but I can't imagine Cakewalk fumdimg Scott money to write a book he is selling for profit.  Cakewalk already provides tons of free video tutorials and often discounts the paid ones. The blog often has free detailed content on a wide range of features.  I wpild go as far to say that most Sonar features can be learned  via the manual, free videos and forum. Yes, Scott's books and other commerical resources may expidite that process but are not essential. Then again, this is a wish list 
2014/07/23 22:41:37
TerraSin
dubdisciple
Some great suggestiona. Some "don't hold your breath waiting for that one" ideas. Some "what Karl Marx books have you been reading?" suggestions. Not trying to be insulting but I can't imagine Cakewalk fumdimg Scott money to write a book he is selling for profit.  Cakewalk already provides tons of free video tutorials and often discounts the paid ones. The blog often has free detailed content on a wide range of features.  I wpild go as far to say that most Sonar features can be learned  via the manual, free videos and forum. Yes, Scott's books and other commerical resources may expidite that process but are not essential. Then again, this is a wish list

I think you misunderstood my post. For his book, I recommended giving him early access to see what's going on so the book could be released at the same time as Sonar and we wouldn't have to wait 6 months for it to come out whereas the new version of Sonar is likely 6 months away after the book is finally released.

The funding was for a training course much like the way other trainers on such sites like the ones I mentioned are likely paid. Basically it would be Cake covering the cost of production/time spent on the material and they would then both profit because Cake could sell it on their own marketplace.

The existing resources are nice but they are not enough. The CakeTV thing is an excellent resource but it lacks a lot of depth. The video series they have for sale... well I'll be nice and not say how I really feel about them. I know the X2 one made my head spin from all the zooming. Beyond that, they were very very basic compared to the training that should be made available. To say they aren't needed because of the resources available and because we have a manual would be very incorrect. People don't all learn the same and many like myself have trouble learning from a book because that is simply how our brains are wired where DVD and video based online classes have been an asset to our education because it allows us to watch and interact in an hands on way. This is one of the many reasons that education sites like Lynda are doing so well. Hell, if Cake could talk someone at Lynda to do courses as in depth for Sonar as they do for ProTools or Logic, then by all means, they absolutely should.
2014/07/23 23:05:16
scook
TerraSin

I think you misunderstood my post. For his book, I recommended giving him early access to see what's going on so the book could be released at the same time as Sonar and we wouldn't have to wait 6 months for it to come out whereas the new version of Sonar is likely 6 months away after the book is finally released.

I do not believe it is a matter of granting early access to the software. In the case of X3, the book contains updates through X3e. It is unlikely X3e was in beta until months after the release of X3.
2014/07/23 23:14:52
Splat
The book came out when X3 got mature (X3E). Perfect timing. I bought Sonar X3 when X3D came out, I prefer to wait there seems to be no advantage being an early adoptor other than perhaps a little more excitement.
2014/07/24 00:32:35
dubdisciple
Terrasin.
I'm all for lynda etc making more resources available. I did not mean to imply EVERYONE just needed free videos, blog, manual, etc. I just meant it is not reasonable to expect cakewalk to give that away. Groove3 makes good videos as well as own Karl. These cost but both are reasonable. Cakewalk has given out 30 day groove3 passes in the past and discounted training videos to almost nothing.
2014/07/24 03:19:31
Anderton
jmasno5
miditus
CakeAlexS
Isn't that called a project? Admittedy it takes two or three clicks not one to open up another project.

Nope. I don't want to open another project with different mix. This is within a single project where you can call up a particular mix versions instantly without opening another project. You know, sometimes, opening another project takes time specially if the project has a bunch of VIs with samples in it. You cannot afford a client to wait while the project is loading.

Imagine having 92 mix versions(correct me if i'm wrong :-)) of Billie Jean within a single project and calling each version in an instant without the hassle of loading another project. Bruce Sweden would be very happy. :-)

Hope you get the idea. After all, it's just an idea. :-)

I would love this feature.

Me too. Of all the wish list items here, this is probably the one I would use the most. You can do the same thing by saving lots of projects and calling them up, but the load time for a complex remix can be considerable. Being able to switch back and forth rapidly within a single project would be great.

This would also make it really easy to consolidate things like vocals up +1, vocals down -1 in a single project instead of having to duplicate tracks or save new projects. For remixes it would be killer, because you could easily try out different radical changes.

I'm sure there are complications in implementing it - how fast could you switch from one set of automation curves to another, and whether you could cut automation from one version and paste into another...but I think this has a lot of potential, at least for the kind of work I do.
2014/07/24 16:13:44
tonydude
I was impressed with the notation features in the Cubase 7 demo... obviously I prefer Sonar, but perhaps a few ideas could be 'borrowed'? 

2014/07/24 16:46:24
Kroneborge
dubdisciple
Terrasin.
I'm all for lynda etc making more resources available. I did not mean to imply EVERYONE just needed free videos, blog, manual, etc. I just meant it is not reasonable to expect cakewalk to give that away. Groove3 makes good videos as well as own Karl. These cost but both are reasonable. Cakewalk has given out 30 day groove3 passes in the past and discounted training videos to almost nothing.

I actually totally disagree with this.  I think anybody that is releasing software like this and trying to get market share should definitely put out extensive training video's to go with it.  For example, I recently decided to try my hand at video game making with the new Unreal 4 engine.  They have put out a ton of video's to help both newbie's and experienced hands get a handle on the software (up to 239 now).

IMHO, this should include basic tutorials on how to use the software, as well as walkthroughs on how to do a project.  Yes this costs time and money, but it's both good customer service and good marketing.

This isn't to say that there still wouldn't be a market for 3rd party support, but a person shouldn't HAVE to purchase 3rd party video's to learn to use software.  Especially for new people that might have just shelled out a couple hundred dollars when trying to get into music.

2014/07/24 20:31:01
Splat
dubdisciple
Terrasin.

Yup there are a lot of free training videos with Sonar on youtube and a great manual.

Kroneborge
I actually totally disagree with this.  I think anybody that is releasing software like this and trying to get market share should definitely put out extensive training video's to go with it.  For example, I recently decided to try my hand at video game making with the new Unreal 4 engine.  They have put out a ton of video's to help both newbie's and experienced hands get a handle on the software (up to 239 now).

IMHO, this should include basic tutorials on how to use the software, as well as walkthroughs on how to do a project.  Yes this costs time and money, but it's both good customer service and good marketing.

This isn't to say that there still wouldn't be a market for 3rd party support, but a person shouldn't HAVE to purchase 3rd party video's to learn to use software.  Especially for new people that might have just shelled out a couple hundred dollars when trying to get into music.

Very generous of Epic Games, a company that has a turn over of 50 to 100 million dollars per year.

I thought Cakewalk had already brought out a load of videos... anyway...

I agree though, why not include all these videos etc for free rather than pay for it separately.
Although when you see the price of the product to go up around 30% to 40% to accommodate for this maybe a rethink might be required. Then again you could always buy a bundle :).

I much prefer a modular approach myself when it comes to pricing. I'd rather not pay for stuff I don't need. And if third parties can do better jobs in certain areas leave it to them and get on with the core business.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account