2014/07/27 15:53:33
dubdisciple
TerraSin
dubdisciple
Terrasin.
I'm all for lynda etc making more resources available. I did not mean to imply EVERYONE just needed free videos, blog, manual, etc. I just meant it is not reasonable to expect cakewalk to give that away. Groove3 makes good videos as well as own Karl. These cost but both are reasonable. Cakewalk has given out 30 day groove3 passes in the past and discounted training videos to almost nothing.

Never said they should give it away. I said it should be available for a price. I wouldn't expect Cake to put together an extensive educational series on their program and just give it away. As I said in my original post, Groove3 and the videos Cake puts on youtube are good getting started resources and little tips and tricks, but I'm talking about something more advanced. If you look over at Lynda, their courses are geared towards people who are trying to get to the more "professional" bracket by teaching all aspects of the programs rather than brief overviews.

I think I misunderstood you. I will note that advanced tutorials have been put out for Sonar. Craig Anderton released a couple that included things beyond basic. I wonder if sales were sufficient for them to expand.
2014/07/27 19:52:58
Splat
2014/07/27 19:54:32
Splat
I'm not sure it's a windows issue Craig as I can do drag and drop in other apps running as admin or not. Regardless it's easily resolved... Don't run Sonar as admin as you say (it should be avoided), if you have plugins that rely on it give the registry settings for the plugin appropriate permissions (google search forums for further details on how to do it). Registrations may need Sonar to be run as admin as a one time operation (such as Dim Pro).

Oh and I wish they would totally revamp the browser to be more like NI. It needs work.

Cheers..
2014/07/27 23:54:30
TomHelvey
Timo Finkbeiner
Wow, many many wishes.
I just want for the moment improvements for notation. As many people here wrote months and years ago, this part of sonar is still not on a level it should be, especially when comparing to the other parts of sonar. Comparing to other daw's like cubase, samplitude (those I know), logic and so on, it is amateurish -  for years now!!!

For example it is not possible to print just a part of music, you have to print the whole music. Or does anybody know how to do this?

I don't want Sonar to have big Notation features like Cubase, but now it is time for little improvements.

Kind regards,
Timo

You can print parts or whole scores, it just depends on what you have in the staff view at the time. With CutePDF and gscript you can also render to a pdf file. I've used the print function to send parts to the drummer and bass player on occasion. I haven't tried printing just a couple measures if that's what you want to do.
It would be nice to see a couple sprints focusing on the staff view. :)
2014/07/28 00:48:30
Anderton
CakeAlexS
I'm not sure it's a windows issue Craig as I can do drag and drop in other apps running as admin or not.

I don't think it's about running as admin, but launching as admin. This article talks about it in a Windows context that has nothing to do with Sonar.
2014/07/28 08:50:12
Splat
If you want to be specific more it's 'run as administrator' user account permissions. Evelvation. Launching is not really anything to do with authority it's just execution.

The link you reference to is useful I assume for those who insist to run as admin thanks however I still maintain the best way is to avoid running as admin and assigning higher level permissions to badly designed plugins via the registry.

Cheers.
2014/07/28 09:24:43
lawp
i prefer to lunch with my administrator
2014/08/07 08:51:20
Jyri T.
Conjoin Clips which makes parallel audio clips on separate tracks to act as one when it comes to any destructive editing.

Say, if you edit one clip with Audio Snap, all will change the same way. This way you don't have to worry about sync and phase issues.
2014/08/07 08:58:59
Jyri T.
Better loudness information.

I want an option of RMS-based waveforms.
I want to get a one-mouse-click access to the RMS values (peak with a user-definable time window and average) of a clip.
I want to get loudness information in the new LUFS / EBU R128 scale.

2014/08/07 09:02:07
Jyri T.
Better stability.

Make the core work solidly and forget the bells and whistles and the kitchen sink. You can sell them separately to those who need it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account