2014/12/27 13:34:59
kakku
This might have already been suggested. Find button for searching for clips in the trackview. If you have a hundred clips in the trackview and you name your clips something it could be nice if you could find them quickly using the clip's name.
2014/12/27 17:26:49
robert_e_bone
I usually just open a File Explorer window and navigate to the audio sub-folder for the project, and then use the Search box in the upper right corner of the window or click on one of the files and then type the 1st letter of what I think the target clip's name starts with, and Windows will position the list at the 1st file starting with the letter/number I typed.

Hope that helps, and it is already present in Windows.

Bob Bone

2014/12/27 18:26:10
sharke
That works for audio but unfortunately there's no MIDI sub folder. I'd like to see a clip library like in ProTools where you can access all of your clips, both MIDI and audio.
2014/12/27 19:54:14
kakku
Thanks for the comments guys. I am not sure if you understood my idea. I meant a find button for clips that are already put on the tracks, not for finding them in a folder. It is a bit silly idea I guess. I promise to try think more about the idea's practical uses next time I get an idea. I have not actually tried to use control+f in the trackview to find a clip. I should have tested this before I sent the suggestion.
2014/12/29 02:35:34
robert_e_bone
Yeah - it would be nice if the midi clips weren't so invisible to us, but for me I generally don't have a giant bunch of midi clips for the same section in a song, so I don't have much of an issue with having to locate a particular midi clip.

And to the original poster: I understood the question as being on locating an audio clip when you have an idea of what is in the clip's name - and I don't quite get what wouldn't work in finding them by searching the audio folder, since they are all listed by name there.

Bob Bone
2014/12/29 06:10:40
kakku
Searching the audio folder for clips works ofc but if you want to put an effect for example to the sample then you would have to find it in the trackview when it has already been put to the right place before doing the changes to it. If you have many clips here and there and everywhere then a find function could be useful. I would not have a use for this though because I have always so few clips in my projects.
2014/12/29 11:40:17
stevec
sharke
That works for audio but unfortunately there's no MIDI sub folder. I'd like to see a clip library like in ProTools where you can access all of your clips, both MIDI and audio.

+1   We can already see project audio from the Browser, something I've used on multiple occasions, but it'd be convenient to have a similar view that displays both MIDI and audio clips as presented in the Track View vs. in the \audio folder, and with an option for highlighting and/or selecting that clip(s) within the TV.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account