2014/12/30 10:31:02
brconflict
So, now that we have this feedback loop section, I wanted to re-iterate an idea I posted elsewhere regarding touch-screen features.

We know Sonar is getting heavier into touch. I want to see this:

1) In the touch-screen world, small graphics can be difficult to touch accurately. It would be handy to have a Ctrl+Z (or similar) function to zoom into the screen size to 200%, allowing touch to be way more accurate. Or, simply to enable a 200% graphics option for touch on large screens (Preferences Option). Check the Steven Slate design, and see what I mean. 

2) For larger projects, let's say your project *could* expand way off the edges of the touch screen. Imagine a touchable DAW board the size of a real 120+ channel Neve desk. Hold down the Ctrl key and swipe around the board. For example, when working on a large desk, how do you get from one end of the board to the other? Grab the board and roll your chair over there, right? Same concept. Ctrl+swipe! Up, down, left, right....  The Ctrl key disables typical touch features, except swipe so that nothing changes while you swipe.

3) Even better, in the future, let's think about: What if I want to see my entire DAW at 200% zoom for touch-screen agility. Geez, that would take 6 large 40" 4K screens, right? Go get 'em! Stack them in a 2-row, 3-column orientation, at an angle and see/touch your ENTIRE DAW desk! Want to sit at just one? Ctrl+swipe could still work, perhaps. Just sit in front of the center/bottom screen. Cool, eh? I need to mock a picture of this...

Want to rock 'NAMM? This will floor some people, me thinks.
2014/12/31 15:41:23
Vas
How to make a small knobs, sliders and other tools work properly on a touch screen is a very important topic. Do a bad job implementing it will result in musicians avoiding it. I want to see the several ways to accomplish so musicians have a choice that will fit into their workflow.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account