2017/07/10 17:31:19
dcumpian
Glyn Barnes
Right! - Re-installed the BFD2 content. There were still some missing icons but on further inspection they were duplicates of other drums. The show in explorer option did not point to any folder so I "hid" them from the browser. All seems good now. I am going through checking presets load correctly with no "microphone" icons but its taking a while because BFD has to "upgrade" some of the reinstalled BFD2 kit peices.

In the end I am only 20GB better off because I don't fully trust the BFDLAC conversions not to distort.

Next - sort out the Groove Monkee stuff. It was a bit of a mess and there are recent updates so I will download the latest versions and reinstall them.

Sometimes, it's better just to leave stuff alone, lol...

Dan
2017/07/10 18:10:16
Glyn Barnes
dcumpian

Dan

I was coming to that conclusion. Saving 100GB + of disk space was an attractive proposition but.........
On the bright side I have learned a bit more about how BFD3 works and things are a fair bit tidier. I wonder how Ol' Pal got on, he seems to have gone quiet, maybe he is having worse issues sorting his out
2017/07/10 19:46:31
bapu
dcumpian

Dan

My philosophy. IOUN. 

Install once, use never.
2017/07/11 12:49:47
Glyn Barnes
One final observation. I remembered I had not reinstalled the Orchestral expansion, I simply dragged the original folder back from the backup drive. There were no technical issues but I decided to reinstall using the BFD3 only option. The size of the installation for this pack went from 25.8 GB down to 8.68 GB. Its a shame this option is not available with the Zildjian Digital Vault pack because that is huge (and sounds fantastic).

I do not seem to have any distortion issues with the BFDLAC format from the installers, only when I use the tool in BFD3. If one is looking to recover disk space deleting and reinstalling expansions as BFD3 only may be safer than compressing with the BFDLAC tool.

Now everything is working properly as far as I can tell, I won't be messing with it again for a while.
2017/07/11 18:39:58
Glyn Barnes
Spoke too soon! FXPansion had one final suprise for me. I decided to add the percussion expansion as I have been eying it for a while and its on sale.

Odd things happend when i tried to scan and authorise it, It seemed when I uninstalled BFD2 or ECO the licence manager as also uninstalled. No big problem once I realised what was happening, I just had to download and install the licence manager again.

That percussion pack is very nice indeed!
2017/09/02 10:56:15
twaddle
Glyn Barnes I just had to download and install the licence manager again.

I think the licence manager and the way it works is great and was so glad when they updated it so it can authorize
all your products in one go now, assuming your DAW is on line of course.

Steve
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account