• Software
  • Rob Papen adds RP-Verb 2 to eXplorer 4
2017/08/30 11:27:26
msorrels
If you own eXplorer 4 the new RP-Verb 2 has been added along with some unnamed bug fixes.  I just downloaded and installed the whole thing.  The new reverb seems nice.

Latest additions and or fixes:
eXplorer4 version 1.0.3 (PC/Mac)
-    RP-VERB 2 added to the bundle (RP-VERB remains on your system if installed)
-    Other fixes.

With all the Rob Papen plugins though if I open the plugin's GUI and then drag a plugin in SONAR's plugin browser across/over the RP GUI it causes a crash in SONAR.  Looks like they are trying to get the dragged item's icon.  Since I often drag plugins from the browser onto tracks I get hit with this bug often.  So far I've had no luck at convincing them that it is their bug.  Maybe it's just me.
2017/08/30 12:58:51
Mesh
I only have the previous version, but thought it was a very interesting verb........definitely had a huge selection of presets with a good variety of options.

I'm sure the newer version is even more feature set. 
2017/08/30 13:54:50
msorrels
Here's the overview video on the new reverb:

It has an interesting reverse feature which appears to be its main new add on.   Oddly enough it doesn't have a full-sized preset manager, which I kind of wished it had.
2017/08/30 19:41:58
dmbaer
Mesh
I'm sure the newer version is even more feature set. 

I haven't had time to investigate yet, and I never used version 1, although it's been sitting on my DAW for a while.  However, somebody on KVR was complaining that some version 1 features that they liked had been removed.  Not sure why any developer would want to do something like that.
2017/09/03 02:29:57
LaszloZoltan
dmbaer

(edit) somebody on KVR was complaining that some version 1 features that they liked had been removed.  Not sure why any developer would want to do something like that.

maybe too similar a feature that someone else had copyright to 

not to suggest mr papen himself would have any hand in the coding, but perhaps an employee or unscrupulous contractor idk
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account