• Software
  • How do you rid your machine of Steinberg stuff? (p.2)
2017/08/24 22:33:22
dubdisciple
i used system restore, delete folders  method too

2017/08/29 05:39:47
soens
Windows 10 keeps deleting my restore points. The few times I want to use Restore, there's no points listed. Besides, if it's been months or more or you've installed a bunch of stuff after Steinberg you may not want to do use it.
2017/08/29 15:29:26
abacab
Complete disk images a way better than restore points. 

Restore points mainly deal with Windows system files and the registry.  If you open System Restore and select a restore point, you can then click on "Scan for affected programs".

That results in a list programs and drivers that will be deleted by rolling back, as well as a list programs and drivers that "might" be restored.

But if you restore a full image file, you get everything in one easy shot.  No loose ends.

My use case for restore points might be to create one just before installing something I want to try out, but possibly not keep installed.  Restore works pretty well then if I just uninstall that temporary application first, then roll back the restore point.  Most of the clutter gets cleaned up that way.

But the more time that has passed since making a restore point, the more complicated the things it can affect become.
2017/08/29 15:33:04
abacab
soens
Windows 10 keeps deleting my restore points. The few times I want to use Restore, there's no points listed. Besides, if it's been months or more or you've installed a bunch of stuff after Steinberg you may not want to do use it.

There is an option in "System Properties > System Protection > Configure"  where you can set disk space usage for this feature, or clean them up.
2017/08/30 08:29:16
soens
I set it to maximum so we'll see how long that sticks.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account