2014/12/01 10:45:38
lawp
imo i think cake are losing out by restricting their in-house-developed (i assume, not including overloud or softube) pc modules to the pc; there's a much bigger market for vst2/3 versions of hq plugs :-)
2014/12/01 15:37:56
stevec
lawp
imo i think cake are losing out by restricting their in-house-developed (i assume, not including overloud or softube) pc modules to the pc; there's a much bigger market for vst2/3 versions of hq plugs :-)

The CA2A fits that bill.   And for good reason!

2014/12/01 16:02:53
sharke
I came to Sonar in the X1 cycle and used the ProChannel exclusively from the off. I've never found a good reason to use the FX Bin, and to be quite frank it seems like a PITA in comparison. There's just not enough space to work with, especially if you're into using long chains. It's too cramped and you can't see the full chain at a glance. Whereas with the ProChannel its very easy to see my full chain and know exactly what's going on.

My only gripe is that the ProChannel FX Chains should be resizable on the vertical axis. They're a waste of vertical space if you only have one effect in there. Sometimes you need to use 2 or 3 FX Chains on a track (say you want to insert single VST's in between your PC modules) and it all adds up. If we could collapse or resize FX chains I'd be very happy.
2014/12/01 16:42:49
azslow3
sharke
My only gripe is that the ProChannel FX Chains should be resizable on the vertical axis. They're a waste of vertical space if you only have one effect in there. Sometimes you need to use 2 or 3 FX Chains on a track (say you want to insert single VST's in between your PC modules) and it all adds up. If we could collapse or resize FX chains I'd be very happy.

That is the only thing I propose! The possibility to insert single VST between ProChannel modules (without FX Chain wrapper), visible as a "slim line" in ProChannel. ProChannel can be used as replacement for FX bin then, the original FX bin can be removed (since we know where ProChannel was, converting old projects is not a problem) and the list of all modules can be duplicated at the place where FX bin is shown now (for those who what to see the list in track view, sure without any usual PC UIs, just "names"). The only addition - usual VST GUI in "Fly out" window when called from ProChannel view.
2014/12/01 19:09:44
Kev999
I was confused about some of the posts in this forum until I started messing around and discovered that ordinary effects plugins can actually be inserted into the ProChannel by means of FX Chains. And also, a VST can be dragged and dropped from the Browser into the ProChannel, automatically creating an FX Chain to contain it. I am the only Sonar user who didn't know this? I had never bothered to explore FX Chains before. I ignored this feature because I had assumed that it was just a means of saving and recalling popular FX combinations.
2014/12/01 22:21:49
stevec
sharke

+2   The option to vertically resize the FX Chain frame would be ideal.   I rarely add enough plugins to fit the default height. 

2014/12/01 22:39:34
scook
I would guess one of the considerations when designing the FX chain was the FX Chain UI. If it used as a plug-in wrapper only, the UI does not matter. However, there are times when the FX Chain format factor is too small, lacking enough knobs or buttons. At times, the controls lack enough slots. For those that use the FX Chain strictly as a plug-in wrapper a single slot version of the FX Chain with a fixed UI containing small I/O controls on it's face might be sufficient.
2014/12/02 06:40:36
Kylotan
I would like to see better integration of PC and FX Bin. I exclusively use the FX bin because the PC is not clearly visible for multiple tracks in Track View. I don't have a strong opinion over how this would look, apart from that I'd want to see which PC modules are engaged in each track header without needing to click on it (like I can with individual FX in the bin).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account