• Software
  • BFD Vintage Recording Techniques
2017/08/07 16:22:28
cclarry
$99

We're very excited to announce a brand new BFD expansion pack: Vintage Recording Techniques.  

BFD Vintage Recording Techniques is an expansion pack for BFD3 that uses a variety of vintage microphone techniques to capture a beautiful Ludwig Classic Maple drum kit. The result is a selection of familiar, authentic vintage sounds suitable for rock, pop, blues and more.

Our engineers used world renowned drum recording techniques including ORTF, Glyn Johns, and Blumlein. Direct microphones were expertly placed on all kit pieces to ensure the pack has a wide range of mixing possibilities and can deliver authentic drum sounds from vintage to modern. 

HIGHLIGHTS
  • An immensely detailed Ludwig Classic Maple kit for BFD3.
  • 29 microphone channels!
  • Real drum bleed and drum resonance between the shells.
  • 5 vintage recording techniques with infinite mixing possibilities.
  • Each kit piece played with sticks and presented in a natural version.
  • Perfect for vintage/modern rock, pop, funk, country, and blues.
  • A selection of presets to inspire and get you up and running quickly.

2017/08/07 16:35:38
Glyn Barnes
Now the sale has ended

I think I will be adding this one to the shopping list but I am not in a huge hurry, the demos sound great.
2017/08/07 17:53:03
bapu
I'm not sure I need them, but when they go on sale I'll want them. And then I'll buy them.

2017/08/07 17:57:07
TheMaartian
Can I load this kit in SD2?

j/k 
2017/08/07 17:57:38
bapu
TheMaartian

j/k 

Ask twaddle.

2017/08/07 18:25:06
smallstonefan
I'm in - when the sale hits! :)
2017/08/07 23:24:58
Awesome, got it last night as soon as the Email arrived, excellent sounding, insta buy. Never been one to wait for sales. This is right up there with the best of them, I got every expansion available for BFD going right back to the original, and this is right up there. BFD, there is just nothing equal to it presentlyt, I own all the other main players, SD2, Ez, AD 1/2, Slate, Jamstix (and other stuff not worth mentioning or can't remember like Stike2 etc) and all available expansions for them all. BFD is just head and shoulders above them all, it's my first and only choice (except maybe for more electronicish style stuff, then it's usually Xfer's Nerve)
2017/08/08 15:33:30
twaddle
bapu
TheMaartian

j/k 

Ask twaddle.

Not on my watch

Sorry, what is SD2 again?
I get confused between Session Drummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2 you see

Steve
2017/08/22 09:29:03
twaddle
Having listened to demo's I already knew this was going straight on my, "treat myself list" so last night I did just that and Wow!! It's beast and a beauty, the snare sounds fantastic and the whole room is just electric and vibrant and has so much punch to it.

Would definitely recommend this, manages to sound well heavy with sounding metal which is always a good thing in my book. Have to agree with Matron, it's right up there with the best of them.

Steve
2017/08/25 15:06:10
smallstonefan
JRR's blowout shop has it for $84ish...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account