• Software
  • Sitardelic - uneven velocities
2017/08/27 21:17:16
emeraldsoul
Hi, 

in playing Orange Tree's Sitardelic, there are huge variances in velocities. I'll play the same midi value, but different notes are at totally different volumes.

Bug, feature, or something easy to fix?

thanks,
-Tom
2017/08/28 02:30:44
gregjazz
I can look into that for you--any example notes I should check out first? I wouldn't be surprised if there's some variance when repeating the same note when alternating between downstroke and upstroke pick directions, but it sounds like you're running into something more extreme. Is there any chance you could email me (at greg AT orangetreesamples DOT com) an audio example of the issue?
2017/08/28 04:40:48
emeraldsoul
Thanks Gustabo, I checked that forum before posting here.

Greg, top service. I'm sending you a screenshot of the midi notes, which I have set to a velocity value of 98 each.
And a mp3 of them rendered.

thanks,
-Tom

2017/08/28 16:33:45
gregjazz
Great, thanks--we can continue the discussion via email. For anyone else reading this, it pertains to notes overlapping, thus triggering legato samples which don't have the same prominent attack of initial picked notes. To remedy this, one can either make sure that the notes don't overlap, or adjust the legato range settings to ensure that certain notes get picked rather than played as legato.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account