2014/11/10 12:35:20
stickman393
I've been working on a complicated musical piece, mixed 4/4 and 7/8 with the odd bar of 6/8.
It would be really nice to have a palette of preset time/key signatures that I could click on to change the current bar (as indicated by the Now time) to the desired time/key signature.

As it is, I get mighty tired of pressing 'T', TAB, 7, TAB, 8, ENTER alternating with 'T',TAB,4,TAB,4,ENTER
(T is my key binding to "insert time/key signature" but the dialog never contains the right values)
2014/11/10 12:46:49
scook
Sounds like a good job for AutoHotKey.
Script for 4/4 using WindowsKey+4 hot key would be
#4:: Send,!jm{Tab}4{Tab}4{Enter}
Script for 7/8 using WindowsKey+7 would be
#7:: Send,!jm{Tab}7{Tab}8{Enter}
2014/11/11 14:22:58
Brando
scook
Sounds like a good job for AutoHotKey.
Script for 4/4 using WindowsKey+4 hot key would be
#4:: Send,!jm{Tab}4{Tab}4{Enter}
Script for 7/8 using WindowsKey+7 would be
#7:: Send,!jm{Tab}7{Tab}8{Enter}

Scook - you're a goldmine of ideas and innovation. Adding this to my toolbox. Have yet to do much with autohotkey but this really illustrates how useful/versatile it is/can be. Thanks for sharing!
2014/11/11 17:59:21
scook
Here is an example of a popup bound to WindowsKey+T with three radio buttons for 4/4, 6/8 and 7/8 in autohotkey script

#t::
  Gui, tSig:New
  Gui, tSig:Add, Radio, vMyRadio, 4/4
  Gui, tSig:Add, Radio, , 6/8
  Gui, tSig:Add, Radio, , 7/8
  Gui, tSig:Add, Button, w60 default xm,OK
  Gui, tSig:Show
  Return

tSigButtonOK:
  Gui, tSig:Submit
  Gui, tSig:Cancel
  If myRadio = 1
    Send, !jm{Tab}4{Tab}4{Enter}
  Else if myRadio = 2
    Send, !jm{Tab}6{Tab}8{Enter}
  Else If myRadio = 3
    Send, !jm{Tab}7{Tab}8{Enter}

tSigGuiClose:
tSigGuiEscape:
  Gui, tSig:Destroy
  Exit

2014/11/13 12:18:15
Brando
Nice job Scook! I took the opportunity to paste it into Autohotkey and try it out. It really illustrates how valuable something like this can be in SONAR. For those wishing for an upgrade to CAL, it would be really nice if Cake could "expose" more of SONAR's inner workings and CAL routines as "calls" for use by a script tool such as autohotkey. (Maybe it's already possible - can autohotkey execute a CAL program, for example). I think a lot of what people want though is basic macro capability to easily allow mundane and repetitive tasks to be executed on demand. Would be nice to have a shared library of scripts like this similar to what has been done for CAL
Though this is all new to me and I'm probably talking out my A$$. Been ages since I've done any programming at all and well before windows.
Thanks for sharing!
2014/11/13 13:19:23
scook
Thanks

Yes, AutoHotKey can run a CAL script just like you would do it, either by selecting it from the "Run CAL..." dialog or a SONAR keyboard shortcut if the CAL script is bound to one. The Windows GUI stuff is new to me too. My UI dev work was either character based or written in Tk.
2014/11/16 14:58:25
stickman393
@scook - AutoHotkey works really well... and I'm using it, with thanks.
But my feature request stands :-). 
2014/11/16 15:11:42
Brando
stickman393
@scook - AutoHotkey works really well... and I'm using it, with thanks.
But my feature request stands :-). 

+1
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account