• Features & Ideas
  • What are Sonar's plans for Control Surface integration? (p.2)
2014/11/27 16:41:28
robinettl

I agree they need to push touch hard, but it will take innovation, not just making the existing UI touch capable.

Slow down, guys... touch technology is neat and all, and it certainly can augment aspects of workflow, but I don't see real, actual hands-on control ever falling out of favor in the studio.  I find the tactile experience of actually touching a physical fader to be valuable to my creative process, and I don't want to always have to look down at some touch screen while I'm mixing, tweaking a synth, etc.  Do you constantly look at your keyboard when typing?  Your fret board when playing a guitar?  You get the picture.  Our brains want tactile feedback, and that's really not something we'll ever fully get from touch screens.  OK, and I'll confess I'm slightly biased here as well.  I am legally blind and so if I didn't have my hardware surfaces, I would be without a very critical component of my system!  You have to think inclusively when you think about stuff like this... because not everyone has the same capabilities you may have. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account