• Software
  • Native Instruments - Free Training Courses
2017/08/23 12:01:32
SGodfrey
Until the end of October, Native Instruments are trialing a training platform for their products.  It's at:-

https://native-instruments.kannu.com/

4 Courses are available:-
  • Komplete 101 - The Synths of Komplete
  • Reaktor 101 - Understanding Reaktor Blocks
  • Kontakt 101 - Creating Custom Instruments
  • Maschine 101 - Maschine Jam Overview
Have fun!
p.s. also posted on Deals forum
2017/08/23 13:51:17
Glyn Barnes
I take it this is a different log in to your normal Native Instruments log in?

Edit, yes different sign in. Interesting to see how this compares to the Groove 3 stuff.
2017/08/23 16:02:48
kitekrazy1
Glyn Barnes
I take it this is a different log in to your normal Native Instruments log in?

Edit, yes different sign in. Interesting to see how this compares to the Groove 3 stuff.

It would be odd for a developer to charge (I'm sure that's what happens after Oct.) for tutorials.  Sony did this but these were superior to most tutorials.  MacProVideo has great tutorials for Kontakt.  I'd love to see tutorials for Kontakt scripting.
2017/08/23 16:55:29
LaszloZoltan
why should there be a charge to allow customers to get more out of their product ? that sounds counter-productive to me
2017/08/23 20:42:29
soens

Surprised they aren't charging you to access their website.

Hope I didn't just give them an idea.

There are several youtube vids for NI stuff.

BTW, I just tried both my main login and forum login. Neither one works.
2017/08/23 21:01:47
msorrels
It looks like it is setup to be (or become) a charge for service kind of thing.  You have to make a new account.  It has no connection with NI at all (other than name/content).  All the courses say they are only available till the end of October. 

I watched the entire Kontakt 101: Creating Custom Instruments.  It's very short, 45mins total.  Very, very short.  Completely devoid of any real content, more like a brief video demo of some small, tiny portion of how to create a Kontakt instrument. 

I have multi-year subs at Groove3 and MacVideoPro and have taken audio classes at a handful of other sites(Creative Live/ADSR/etc), compared to all these, I'm not sure this was a serious attempt or not.  It was professionally produced but was really devoid of any real content.  Maybe the Reaktor course is better, but I think you'd get more out of YouTube on how to build a Kontakt instrument.
2017/08/24 18:40:43
bigcatt
Plus there seems to be no moderation or feedback. It feels like a vacuum other than the other students. The Udemy courses i got for $10 have feedback and feel like classes. Plus they are also orders of magnitude longer. Not impressed at all.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account