2011/08/05 02:29:02
mattox82
Have you tried dragging / dropping midi into the arp? I wonder if that would work as well. 

Update: Doesn't work!

Could be a cool feature request tho! :)
2011/08/05 05:28:12
EricDeluxe
I just installed it:) Love it already! Going to be great to play with this little beast.
2011/08/05 08:41:24
GlennKay
Ver 2 entirely lives up to, and maybe even exceeds, expectations -- if you like the sound examples on the new product page, you'll love this synth.

There's way more functionaility than Ver 1 and, to my ears, the result is a VSTi that is noticeably better sounding than the original, and more usable to boot (I'm thinking of a number of soft synths that sound great, but which i somehow rarely seem to find places for in my tracks). 

The V2 patches are organized much better and (so far) seem top notch (i've only spent an hour or 2 with Ver 2 so far). This is huge to me, because i can be pretty lazy when it comes to DIY patches. Then again, the GUI improvements make me think that Ver 2 is one of those soft synths that will be a blast to program.

I had a minor snag entering the registration code -- for some reason, Ver 2 wouldn't accept a pasted-in code. Eventually i figured out that i had to enter it manually -- including all the dashes -- but apart from that, it's been totally smooth sailing.

Regards
Glenn
2011/08/05 09:04:26
MUSE
BKTormey

<<Enhanced Modulation Matrix
All 16 Waveshapers are now accessible via the Modulation Matrix opening up a huge variety of new sound shaping possibilities.>>

That'll do it for me.  I've been waiting 9 years for this feature.  Thanks Cakewalk.

Would be great but unfortunately the XY part of the waveshaper is now broken - that was my favourite feature. Mousing in it (or using a controller) does not affect the sound - only when you use the 16 shapers directly (and they are too small to be able to select easily with a mouse)

It would also be cool to see the effect of say a lfo on the waveshape in realtime
2011/08/05 09:15:43
burkek
No surprise, a number of bugs reported over at KVR. Perhaps a v2.1 will be along in the next months?

Even at that, I love the sound and the arp - and especially that they've included some EBM-style sequences, an oft-overlooked genre. Very inspiring!! This may quickly become a go-to synth and can easily kickstart creativity and put it into high gear.

KEv
2011/08/05 09:19:34
Grem
GlennKay

-- for some reason, Ver 2 wouldn't accept a pasted-in code. Eventually i figured out that i had to enter it manually -- including all the dashes -- but apart from that, it's been totally smooth sailing.

Regards
Glenn

I copied and pasted my code in. I did it from a notepad document that I made from my email I got from Cakewalk. I alwas do this for all my purchases so that I can open my serial # and Reg code from just about anything.

2011/08/05 17:55:29
ba_midi
Well, for the price (upgrade) I'm not sorry to have bought it, but I went through most of the so called new patches and honestly feel they're very 2009 (ie, old school).  I always was more of a sound tweaker with Z3ta anyway, but was hoping they'd come with some really solid 'fresh' sounds.

As compared to say Dune (Synapse), the sounds left me scratchin' my head.

But again - for the price, not a bad purchase.

2011/08/05 18:01:23
Brandon Ryan [Roland]
ba_midi

Well, for the price (upgrade) I'm not sorry to have bought it, but I went through most of the so called new patches and honestly feel they're very 2009 (ie, old school).  I always was more of a sound tweaker with Z3ta anyway, but was hoping they'd come with some really solid 'fresh' sounds.

As compared to say Dune (Synapse), the sounds left me scratchin' my head.

But again - for the price, not a bad purchase.

With much respect Billy - I have to say after listeing to the Dune sound demos, I'm left scrachin' my head a bit about your take on this. To me, a lot of the Z3TA+ 2 sounds are super-modern...but maybe I myself am stuck in 2009...it was a good year after-all.
2011/08/05 18:34:43
djjhart@aol.com
I really like the Sound Fx presets. Of course Billy's Correct where a little tweaking is needed but I see that with any Virtual Synth I own just so that you can make it your own....  The stacked effects are what really shoots out in the presets , Disable them all and your left with a dull preset. 
 Btw Allowing to load any midi file is dope.   although It would be nice if you can edit the patterns within. I just don't get the visual display in the arp, I can't seem to do anything within that window. 

2011/08/05 18:47:42
Keebo
Anyone else having silent presets even after rebooting?

There is another thread about this in the Cakewalk Instruments section:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2358527
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account