2011/08/05 18:48:31
papatomany
Hey, folks.  It says XP (SP3) is bare minimum. Is there some reason SP2 won't work?

2011/08/05 18:51:25
Lanceindastudio
Only thing I can think of is because you should just be on SP3. No reason not to be unless I'm missing something(which I like to do from time to time lol).

Id probably put down $100 and a stella artois that SP3 would do it though
2011/08/05 18:52:45
papatomany
The reason I'm not is that SP3 crashes several things I use regularly.
2011/08/05 19:06:10
Lanceindastudio
hmm... that is quite peculiar-
2011/08/05 19:49:56
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
papatomany

Hey, folks.  It says XP (SP3) is bare minimum. Is there some reason SP2 won't work?

SP2 and previous do not natively support .PNG files.

SP
2011/08/05 20:13:01
ba_midi
Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
]

ba_midi

Well, for the price (upgrade) I'm not sorry to have bought it, but I went through most of the so called new patches and honestly feel they're very 2009 (ie, old school).  I always was more of a sound tweaker with Z3ta anyway, but was hoping they'd come with some really solid 'fresh' sounds.

As compared to say Dune (Synapse), the sounds left me scratchin' my head.

But again - for the price, not a bad purchase.

With much respect Billy - I have to say after listeing to the Dune sound demos, I'm left scrachin' my head a bit about your take on this. To me, a lot of the Z3TA+ 2 sounds are super-modern...but maybe I myself am stuck in 2009...it was a good year after-all.

If I had time -- I'd put together a little sampling of the two.   Maybe over the weekend, but I doubt it.

Some of the Dune sounds are spot on "now" sounds (I own it, so I don't remember if the demo was different).    Some of the Z2 sounds are ok/nice, but just didn't blow me away as presets I would run to for now.

But, it's all horse racin' as we know ;)

Oh and ps -- 2009 was a great year for Trance ! :D

2011/08/05 21:19:01
Music Miscreant
ba_midi

Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
]

ba_midi

Well, for the price (upgrade) I'm not sorry to have bought it, but I went through most of the so called new patches and honestly feel they're very 2009 (ie, old school).  I always was more of a sound tweaker with Z3ta anyway, but was hoping they'd come with some really solid 'fresh' sounds.

With much respect Billy - I have to say after listeing to the Dune sound demos, I'm left scrachin' my head a bit about your take on this. To me, a lot of the Z3TA+ 2 sounds are super-modern...but maybe I myself am stuck in 2009...it was a good year after-all.

If I had time -- I'd put together a little sampling of the two.   Maybe over the weekend, but I doubt it.

Some of the Dune sounds are spot on "now" sounds (I own it, so I don't remember if the demo was different).    Some of the Z2 sounds are ok/nice, but just didn't blow me away as presets I would run to for now.

With all due respect, I believe what Mr Perlstein was referring to were the demo's on the Synapse website, not the actual sounds available with Synapse itself. 
Some of the website demo's are indeed a little cheesy. 

Although, having said that, the same could be said for Z3ta+2 - depending on your tastes, of course. 

Anyway, for the money, Z3ta+2 is a steal. As long as by the the time you've found the sound you want, you haven't forgotten what you're looking for. 

2011/08/05 21:43:26
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
Music Miscreant

ba_midi

Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
]

ba_midi

With all due respect, I believe what Mr Perlstein was referring to were the demo's on the Synapse website, not the actual sounds available with Synapse itself. 

Although, having said that, the same could be said for Z3ta+2 - depending on your tastes, of course. 

Anyway, for the money, Z3ta+2 is a steal. As long as by the the time you've found the sound you want, you haven't forgotten what you're looking for. 

Just for the record, it was Mr. Ryan who said that, not Mr. Perlstein. I haven't checked out Synapse's stuff at all.

SP
2011/08/05 22:42:02
ba_midi
Music Miscreant

ba_midi

Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
]

ba_midi

Heh, that's funny ;)   

I'm actually doing a track right now - and it started because of a sound I like in Z2 (with some tweaking).

I agree it's a good "deal" overall.

2011/08/05 22:43:17
ba_midi
Just for the record, it was Mr. Ryan who said that, not Mr. Perlstein. I haven't checked out Synapse's stuff at all. SP

Aside from the possibly cheesy 'demo sounds', I find I use DUNE a lot these days.  It's worth checking out in my opinion.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account