2011/08/06 17:53:28
windsurfer25x
Well I must say, I was disappointed at first. Just listening to it, it sounded duller than the original Z3ta, but I went in and changed the precision setting to highest and turned oversampling on and that makes a big difference!
2011/08/06 22:13:31
Grem
UnderTow

Oooh this looks tasty!

I'm reading the Z3ta+2 pages. Specifically the bit about the new SRC algorithm. Can this "HIGHEST" mode be used during live playback or is it like Rapture where it only affects offline bouncing/rendering?

UnderTow

You have a choice. Real time over sampling. And Off Line over sampling. They are two different settings!! You can have your cake and eat it too!!
2011/08/07 11:21:27
UnderTow
Grem

UnderTow

Oooh this looks tasty!

I'm reading the Z3ta+2 pages. Specifically the bit about the new SRC algorithm. Can this "HIGHEST" mode be used during live playback or is it like Rapture where it only affects offline bouncing/rendering?

UnderTow

You have a choice. Real time over sampling. And Off Line over sampling. They are two different settings!! You can have your cake and eat it too!!
Great! Thanks. :-)

UnderTow

2011/08/07 11:35:34
g_randybrown
I'm just now experimenting with Z3ta that came with X1 so I have some questions for you guys:
1) can you change the notes of sequences (ie 8-bar first contact)?
2) The upgrade would cost me $49 as opposed to $99 having the Z3ta that came with X1?
3) where can I get tuts on what all the parameters do...or should I just learn by experimenting.
Thanks very much,
Randy
2011/08/07 12:00:07
djjhart@aol.com
g_randybrown

I'm just now experimenting with Z3ta that came with X1 so I have some questions for you guys:
1) can you change the notes of sequences (ie 8-bar first contact)?
2) The upgrade would cost me $49 as opposed to $99 having the Z3ta that came with X1?
3) where can I get tuts on what all the parameters do...or should I just learn by experimenting.
Thanks very much,
Randy

1) In Z3ta 2 you can load any mid file you like into Z3ta, The only thing I see is you would have to edit your pattern exactly how you like it outside of Z3ta then load it into. Although you can do some tweaking within. But not to the notes them selves at least from what I see.
2) As long as you own Z3ta now you can upgrade for $50, You can find out when you go to your account to buy it.
3) I suppose an overview video would be cool,Im Sure there in the works or someone is.. I would just twist a knob and see and hear what it dose .And see if it fits into your track.
I very much like the sounds and features Z3ta 2 offers. $50 for a Synth of this caliber is so worth it..
2011/08/07 17:59:52
ba_midi
Music Miscreant

ba_midi

To me, a lot of the Z3TA+ 2 sounds are super-modern...

Brandon,  I forgot to ask ... can you give me the name of let's say 2 or 3 patches (more if you want) you think are "super modern"?   I'd be curious to see which ones fall to that category for you.

I'll give you some back as well ;)

I'd certainly be interested in hearing something with your patches on, Ba midi, if that's not too  presumptuous of me to ask. From what you've said, but not from their web demo's, the Dune sounds an interesting instrument. Any chance?  

Wow- somehow I didn't see this post until now.   Sure I'll get some samples up.

2011/08/07 18:06:49
AT
Randy,

1.  I haven't messed with patterns much, see above post.

2.  Pricing, see above post.

3.  There are no tutorials (yet!), and I'm not sure how much of Z3TA is covered in the synth book.  But Zeta is a fairly straightforward synth.  Try initializing it, and you have a blank slate.  The AMP Envelope is hardwired, so you just have to import a wave and start tweaking the amp to get a tone.  From there, just keep adding - Filter, another envelope, LFO.  The effects are on a separate page you open.  There is a lot of new stuff that makes Z3TA 2 easier, tho it still has the 16 modulation routings which is where the real fun starts.  but wait until you can crawl a sound before you get too involved in it.

@
2011/08/07 18:22:10
Teksonik
Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
]

javahut

What about Z3TA+ 2 effects only VSTs, like Z3TA+ had? Are there any? No big deal if there aren't. I just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything.

Sorry not this time around. However, if you have the original Z3TA+ you can leave it installed and use as effects processor alongside Z3TA+ 2.

Why no FX version?  Now with the ability to change routing,  a Z3ta+ FX version is even more desirable and quite frankly expected as part of the upgrade from 1 to 2............I don't remember reading anywhere there would be no FX version included in the upgrade........

Drag-n-drop Routing
Z3TA+ 2’s effects section features easy routing of all effects and a new, flexible distortion module. The distortion module includes the new Hypertube algorithm and can effect the filter busses, the effects section, or both.

Don't get me wrong I'm loving Z3TA+ Version 2 but am seriously disappointed there is no FX version........

2011/08/07 19:52:11
Music Miscreant
ba_midi

Music Miscreant

I was beginning to think it was something I'd said... it normally is. 

I await with bated breath. 
2011/08/10 21:25:07
g_randybrown
Music Miscreant

ba_midi

Music Miscreant

I was beginning to think it was something I'd said... it normally is. 

I await with bated breath. 

For some reason I never received an email showing a response for my post either, I just started searching after just now buying Z3ta+2...I wait with baited breath also.
My question though is: how long does it take to get the serial number.... it's been about 30 minutes so far. Does the validation have to be processed by a real person?
Thanks,
Randy
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account