2011/08/11 12:17:12
Music Miscreant
g_randybrown

Music Miscreant

ba_midi

Music Miscreant

Wow- somehow I didn't see this post until now.   Sure I'll get some samples up.

I was beginning to think it was something I'd said... it normally is. 

I await with bated breath. 

For some reason I never received an email showing a response for my post either, I just started searching after just now buying Z3ta+2...I wait with baited breath also.
My question though is: how long does it take to get the serial number.... it's been about 30 minutes so far. Does the validation have to be processed by a real person?
Thanks,
Randy

Who knows, Randy, buying from Cakewalk always seems like such a random & erratic affair.
As for validation... it could be a real person but, these days, with software so often showing us it has a mind of its own, it could just as easily be automated. 
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. 

Oh, & Ba Midi... if you're scanning over this, any dune stuff yet? 

P.S. Randy, it is actually spelt 'bated', from the word 'abated'. So it's like... to hold your breath.     
2011/08/11 17:18:48
mleghorn
I love Z3ta+2! The new presets are awesome, and patch management is much improved over z3ta+. Some of the new presets sound very unique. I'm not a sound designer, so I haven't played with the controls much, other than removing delay.
2011/08/11 17:56:40
ba_midi
Who knows, Randy, buying from Cakewalk always seems like such a random & erratic affair. As for validation... it could be a real person but, these days, with software so often showing us it has a mind of its own, it could just as easily be automated. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Oh, & Ba Midi... if you're scanning over this, any dune stuff yet? P.S. Randy, it is actually spelt 'bated', from the word 'abated'. So it's like... to hold your breath.

MM - I'm booting up some tracks I did with Dune now, so I'll be back to post some pointers to them shortly.

And, I don't want others to get the wrong impression.   I think Z2 (when they get some of the bugs out) is a great synth just like version 1 was.  The types of sounds that can be 'made' with it is endless.  And with the right programming approach they usually come out sounding like the big boys (aren't we all tired of the cheezy stuff?).

Not being impressed with the patches is a far cry from not being impressed with the synth.

2011/08/11 18:39:45
ba_midi
Ok here ya go ...  a 3 track collage; just snipits/sections not whole tracks.

The first one -- Dune is the main lead and arp type stuff as well.

The 2nd one -- Dune is the 'melody' synth   Also the windy sounding pads.

Last one -- Dune is lead melody (Z2 is the arp stuff);  I'm actually just working on this track this week.

http://www.ba-midi.com/st...%20Sound%20Samples.mp3

I'll leave it up for awhile.

2011/08/11 20:45:17
Music Miscreant
ba_midi

Last one -- Dune is lead melody (Z2 is the arp stuff);  I'm actually just working on this track this week.

Thanks for letting me hear dune in action like that - truly generous of you. 

And yes, I see what you mean... sounds cool. Wallet out I believe, & less excuses when Dune arrives. 

2011/08/11 21:56:26
ba_midi
Music Miscreant

ba_midi

Thanks for letting me hear dune in action like that - truly generous of you. 

And yes, I see what you mean... sounds cool. Wallet out I believe, & less excuses when Dune arrives. 

You're welcome.   Dune isn't "better than" Z2, just better patches I think ;)   So having them both - for me - is the way to go.

2011/08/14 15:33:03
J-A-G
Teksonik

Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
]

javahut

What about Z3TA+ 2 effects only VSTs, like Z3TA+ had? Are there any? No big deal if there aren't. I just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything.

Sorry not this time around. However, if you have the original Z3TA+ you can leave it installed and use as effects processor alongside Z3TA+ 2.

Why no FX version?  Now with the ability to change routing,  a Z3ta+ FX version is even more desirable and quite frankly expected as part of the upgrade from 1 to 2............I don't remember reading anywhere there would be no FX version included in the upgrade........

Drag-n-drop Routing
Z3TA+ 2’s effects section features easy routing of all effects and a new, flexible distortion module. The distortion module includes the new Hypertube algorithm and can effect the filter busses, the effects section, or both.

Don't get me wrong I'm loving Z3TA+ Version 2 but am seriously disappointed there is no FX version........

Agreed....also very disappointed...but thats what I get for not researching forum before I buy...when will I ever learn.

Its like when you buy food these days ...you get less for more money. Not complaining about the cost here but I am def not happy there is no FX...I use it all the time in earlier version on my acoustic guitar tracks, electric guitar tracks and bass tacks. So "not this time around" I wonder what that means...sounds like its gonna cost me.
2011/08/16 08:56:46
Teksonik
You know I hate to say this but I would pay another $10 for the FX version............We shouldn't have to pay again, it should have been included and nowhere did I see where there was any mention of an FX version not being included in an "upgrade" from version 1.............

Yes those of us who own version 1 can still use it as an effect but as I pointed out the new drag and drop reorder function and much more readable gui make the version 2 FX much more desirable...........

And think about this CW.........people who purchased version 1 for $20 then upgraded for $49 at least get the version 1 FX.........people who buy Z2 from now on will pay more and not get any FX version?  Doesn't quite sound right to me........
2011/10/27 00:42:31
EricG
I too was dissapointed regarding no _FX.dll.  I confess, though, that I never used the previous version as an effects module.  It would be a nice update.
2011/10/27 19:35:08
Teksonik
The 6 Voice Chorus is worth it alone.........awesome. Still no word from CW on the FX version so I guess it will not happen....
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account