• Software
  • Critical iLok Update for All Users - am I the only one having bsod ? answered (p.2)
2017/08/20 16:52:58
abacab
BobF
This is what I see when I check for updates.  What specific version are you having problems with?

I haven't done this update because it has nothing for me.

Yup, I got the same message.  Happily running on 3.1.6.1793 here, without any complications.

It says 3.7 is not a required update, so I skipped it! 
2017/08/20 16:53:36
Pragi
mudgel
I get a message saying that I have the latest version.

When did folks get this notification?

See this link , mudgel :

https://www.sweetwater.co...;utm_campaign=20170819
2017/08/20 16:58:07
Pragi
And a new link from the "industrie standard experts" :
http://www.pro-tools-expe...&mc_eid=f824081048

2017/08/20 17:01:13
abacab
I think it is odd that Sweetwater is the only site with info on this security update.  Even a visit to iLok.com shows the same info I got when checking for updates from the license manager.
2017/08/20 17:16:07
cclarry
My iLok Manager also says it is "Current", so, until
it says something different, I'll stay where I'm at...
2017/08/20 17:34:56
fireberd
I updated mine this morning (I'm on Win 10).  Update works OK.  
I have moved my Isotope apps authorization off of iLok.  I have POD Farm 2 and a couple of VST's that I don't or only rarely use left on iLok.  I refuse to buy anything new that requires iLok. 
2017/08/20 17:35:27
Pragi
A quotation from the "indusrtie standard experts" message :
  • Just because Soundtoys have publicised this, it isn't just a Soundtoys issue. This is NOT a Soundtoys issue, or even a plug-in or a Pro Tools issue, this will only occur if you haven't updated your iLok License Manager since 30th March 2017.
2017/08/20 18:22:52
abacab
Pragi
  • Just because Soundtoys have publicised this, it isn't just a Soundtoys issue. This is NOT a Soundtoys issue, or even a plug-in or a Pro Tools issue, this will only occur if you haven't updated your iLok License Manager since 30th March 2017.

Regardless, an activation issue is not the same priority as a critical security flaw, as you first posted.

A little fact checking before posting something of this nature would be appreciated.
2017/08/20 19:40:36
JohnKenn
Just for reference,
I have Xpandi on two computers requiring the I-Lok online account (no dongle)
The offline computer has I-Lok ver 2.5.2 and the online 3.1.something.
Xpandi continues to work on both. No reason to tamper with what is temporarily working.
I was concerned that that there might have been an expiring certificate put in our accounts or on the dongle since more than one deverloper has said that the latest update was mandatory to keep using the software. Can't think of any other way to take away authorizations without a mandatory update, especially if you are offline.

2017/08/20 20:18:10
Pragi
abacab
Pragi

Regardless, an activation issue is not the same priority as a critical security flaw, as you first posted.

A little fact checking before posting something of this nature would be appreciated.

Don´t know why youare mixing my thread theme (my question is already answered, as you can read above )
with my answers to mudgels question, John´s post (see nr.5 - soundtoys aso  ) and the discussion after that.
Why you leave  an offending comment ?
Any interests in fighting ,abacab ? 

If yes , tell me ,OK ?

I prefer boxing.
Don´t know if  I once did harm you ,
cause it´s not the first time you  try to start arguing with me.

regards
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account