2011/10/15 12:16:41
mabian
Hello, I've been waiting on the fence for 2.1 to be released because I heard many complaints about 2.0 bugginess and wasn't interested in some kind of beta testing :). Now, I have a question for early adopters: is v2.1 finally ready for prime time and rock solid? Using REAPER 4. Thanks, Mario
2011/10/15 15:21:48
AT
I didn't have any problems with Z3AT 2.  I never came across the silent presets (but there are 2000 of those suckers which would have taken a while to demo).  The only other complaint was the lack of scalia files.  Both those have been remedied.

What other complaints were there?

@
2011/10/15 20:15:50
DigitalArchivist
I had a couple of Sonar X1 Producer Expanded crashes in which the crash reporter blamed the Z3TA+2 DLL file. Overall though I've been very pleased with it as I also finally managed with the help of a couple of forum members to get my Galbanum Architecture 2010 Collection waveforms loaded up. I didn't have the silent preset issue with the first release of Z3TA+ 2.
2011/10/16 12:46:57
mabian
Hi AT, there was a KVR thread for 2.0 bugs, but everything is much quieter about 2.1, so I guess most if not all of the grief has gone. And thanks also to DigitalArchivist for the feedback. It looks like I can use some cash I saved on purpose and get 2.1 ;) - Mario
2011/10/17 04:36:45
GanievRR
The instrument of 2.1 version still have a lot of glitches.
There are three of those:
1. Sometimes wave morphing things like warp,twist and others dont work
2. FX Chain. Sometimes, i guess when overloading exists, some of enabled effects have stop working. I met it with modulation and delays block.
3. Filters. With no any osc enabled there are short sound which can be neutralised only by significant attack time value

I'm disappointed ,i've been waiting for update to 2.1 for buying upgrade from 1.5.

I use 64x version of 2.1
2011/10/17 17:14:14
mabian
Wow GanievRR that's no good news. Any hint on if x86 version suffers from the same problems? Better wait for a possible 2.2? - Mario
2011/10/19 11:28:01
fr4ncesco
Ciao Mario, lots of improvements from 2.0. I use 2.1 - x86 version - and I didn't experience these issues
2011/10/21 14:13:09
Brian Desmond [Cakewalk]

GanievRR,

We're unable to reproduce any of these issues.  One thing on the first one though - you can't waveshape either of the generated waveforms (sine and noise), so maybe that is the problem with that one?

As far as the other ones go - maybe if you can get us a detailed recipe on how to make these problem occur along with your system info we can try to figure out what's going on.  Give tech support a call and they'll help you out.
2011/10/21 14:23:42
Brian Desmond [Cakewalk]

Mabian,

Z3TA+ 2.0 was actually quite stable, however there were a couple issues that were causing presets to stop playing in certain scenarios which we didnt see until after we shipped.  Once hundreds of additional users start using your software sometimes new things pop up.

So not only did we address the issues with silent patches which is the main reason for all the noise, we also combed the Cakewalk forums and other forums on the internet and fixed literally every other issue that we could find people mentioning - Z3TA+ 2.1 is rock solid!.
2011/10/21 17:21:12
AT
Ganie has one post and hasn't blessed us with his prescence or problems since.  Funny.  I guess you lost a 2.1 user, Brian - Naw.

@
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account