• Software
  • SOLVED I can't activate my CD Architect 5.2 on new PC (p.2)
2017/07/06 12:02:37
pentimentosound
Thanks to both of you.
I emailed Magix support this morning and will post once I get a reply.

Michael
2017/07/11 13:21:26
Mack
Mchael,
Just wondering if you heard back from Magic? I would be interested in knowing how helpful they were.
Thanks,
2017/07/11 18:38:16
pentimentosound
Not yet, Mack. I do plan to post when they do and will comment on their response in addition to the time frame. It's been 5 days, so it could be another week or more......
Michael

2017/07/12 16:14:07
pentimentosound
Bingo!   They wrote back at noon today! I'm impressed.

"Hello

Thank you for your message.

The serial for CD Architect will be 20 digits.  

To resolve this issue, please do the following:

Close the program if it is running.

Next, open the Registry Editor. To do this on Windows, press the Windows key and R together on your keyboard. In the window that appears, type REGEDIT and press Enter. If prompted, allow the program to make changes to your computer.

In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > [Program Name] > [Version Number] > License

Right-click the License folder ONLY and select Delete. If prompted, confirm you wish to delete the folder.

Once the folder has been deleted, close the Registry Editor.

Launch the program again.  You should be prompted to enter your serial number."
2017/07/12 21:51:50
Lynn
Wow!  That's quite a bit of jumping through a hoop.  They just sent me a new serial number, and I was good to go.  I wonder what the difference was.
2017/07/12 23:05:34
pentimentosound
I figure it's because I've installed it and attempted to activate it enoughm to time out my "trial version", which is how the plug in "sees it", I guess. There is no way to enter an activation code now. My only options are close it or buy it.

I'll have to wade through this one! LOL
Michael
2017/07/12 23:39:10
pentimentosound
Ooooops    It didn't work. I found my CD Architect 5.2 under Sony Media Software (not under Sony Creative Software)  and deleted the License folder there. That worked because I was able to open CD Architect and insert my serial number.
However when I tried to put in my serial number. I got a message saying "Invalid Serial Number". "The Serial Number must start with B6"     Mine starts with B5. I wrote them back and hope to hear back soon.

Michael
2017/07/13 15:11:47
Mack
Sorry it did not work, Michael. Keep us informed. I use Sound Forge 10 and occasionally CD Architect (in the distant past). Hope Magix comes up with the answer.
2017/07/13 18:39:07
pentimentosound
I've sent them my serial numbers for SF7 and 8, NR2 and CD Architect 5.2 and had registered with them when they bought that stuff from Sony. I can't imagine why my serial number doesn't work, but expect it to be simple. I did have to fill out a new support ticket as they closed my first one after sending me the quoted answer (above).

I will follow up, Mack.

I've been using CD Arch to make copies of my meditation CD First Snow and suppose there are other options, but I thought it wouldn't be any learning curve to move it to my "new" desktop (I've been making the copies on my old P4 XP machine the whole time). I used to have a pair of MicroBoards QD-2's and kind of wish I still had one, at least, but expect that even CD's will get left in the dust, before too long. (even by me! LOL)
Onward and upward Junior Birdmen!
Michael
2017/07/14 09:49:13
interpolated
I was looking at the Magix website, it just seems so shareware-ish. I imagine their Sequoia and Samplitude lines get more attention.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account