• Software
  • SOLVED I can't activate my CD Architect 5.2 on new PC (p.3)
2017/07/14 12:31:45
pentimentosound
As long as they share a solution..........  LOL
2017/07/15 23:37:32
interpolated
Indeed.
2017/07/18 04:23:01
Jesse G
Now, I am looking for my CD Architect 5.2 download file and reg key from several years ago. 

I know it was on one of those 630 backup DVD's I placed in the Garage
2017/07/26 11:10:00
Mack
Michael,
Did you ever hear back from Magix, the second time you emailed them?
Thanks,
2017/07/26 13:41:02
pentimentosound
No, not yet. I did get a "don't ask the same question we've already answered" email when they closed my first ticket and I sent the 2nd.  
I didn't ask the same question as was obvious from the subject. If they don't respond soon, I'll send yet another!

I can't understand how my serial number, which is registered with them (all 3 products show up as registered in my account there), is "invalid", but what do I know!?!?!??  LOL

I will post if/when they respond or I find out how to get CD Architect working properly.

Michael
2017/07/26 15:16:22
Jim Roseberry
Hi Michael,

Do you have a Magix account?
If so, you should be able to log-in... and see all of your previous "Sony" software (Vegas Pro, SoundForge, DVD-Architect, etc).  Your serial numbers should be listed... along with download links.

Recently had to install DVD Architect on my new build... and that was the solution.
Magix installer with the Magix SN.

A full manual uninstall includes:
  1. Programs And Features to run the uninstall
  2. Deleting any related folders
  3. Going into the Registry and deleting the program specific entries under:
  • HKLM>Software 
  • HKCU>Software

2017/07/26 18:18:09
pentimentosound
Thanks Jim. I do.
I set one up when they announced buying Sound Forge et al, from Sony, and suggested that we do. I redownloaded all relevant stuff at that point. 

I'll go back and see if I goofed or assumed my serial # was "the same as it ever was"......
It certainly could've been me! LOL
Michael

ps   I checked and my CD Arch serial is the same on I have and used. Mine starts with B5-  but I get a message saying it should start with B6    which I also tried to no avail.
2017/07/26 19:05:56
bitflipper
I just attempted to install CDA here. It told me it was already installed, which shows how often I burn CDs nowadays - I'd forgotten it was there. My S/N format is B6-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx. Make sure you've got the right number of characters. I once wrote down a S/N on a CD sleeve and missed one digit. Luckily, it was the last digit so I was able to guess it.
2017/07/26 21:47:10
pentimentosound
Thanks Bit     After a couple "operator errors" with Serial #'s and Activation Codes etc when I first joined the DAW and software world, I've been meticulously attentive to getting these numbers down correctly.

I have the original discs with the printed serial # and the emails from Sony (when I upgraded from SF7 to 8) and Magix. They all match and start with B5-      and I didn't have any trouble with registering SF 8, nor Noise Reduction 2 at the Magix site. So, it's just ..............  hmmm   I have no clue! LOL
     I do have the 20 digit format correct, and can't imagine why I can't insert the serial when I try to open CDA 5.2. It's registered on Magix site and Sony's with what I have for the serial #.  
    It's obviously some kind of glitch or something so obvious I've missed it repeatedly.
Michael
2017/07/27 04:44:29
bitflipper
When you figure it out, could you please figure out why CW refuses my Dim Pro S/N even though I copy-and-paste it directly from their own web page?

Is there no customer support at Sony that could help you? I've gotten at least two vendors to make corrections in their databases when I was prevented from authorizing by what turned out to be bad data on their end. This is almost certainly your problem, since you've previously installed CDA using the disc and S/N they gave you. Your physical CD hasn't changed since then. The only thing that could change is their data.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account