• Software
  • SOLVED I can't activate my CD Architect 5.2 on new PC (p.5)
2017/07/31 01:33:24
Maarkr
Here's what I did to register mine... substitute your named CDA directory in place of my SLPro.  I think the key was to have the proper version for the license or it won't work (the license below was for my SLPro).  If it doesn't work, try a different version, prob the latest.  I may be able to find a link to a CDA version that may work with your license.

1/ Open the Windows registry (Win+R, regedit, ENTER) and go to :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sony Creative Software\SpectraLayers Pro\3.0\License
2/ Delete the "License" folder.
3/ Make sure you have the latest version 3.0.29 or else it won't work.
4/ Once you made sure you have 3.0.29, try to register again.
2017/07/31 11:30:26
pentimentosound
I do not have Spectral Layers (it would be great to have it), so I'm not sure what you're suggesting that I do for CD Architect 5.2     I have done steps 1 and 2, quite a few times.

I do have the latest version of CDA and have tried dozens of times, going through those steps. I can get to the page where I enter my serial number, when I open CDA, but that is where things stop.
   I enter my serial # and get "invalid serial #"  message. It says my serial number should start with B6 not B5. B5 is my original # and entering B6 with the other 18 numbers, gets the same error message.
   This where I'm stuck.
Michael
2017/08/09 18:42:22
pentimentosound
Magix wrote me back and asked for a screenshot (which I couldn't do for some reason). I sent them photos of my original owner's manual and the screenshot they'd asked for(yesterday).
Today they sent me a new serial number starting with B6, saying the old one wouldn't work with version 5.2.

I opened CDA, inserted this new serial and voila' !!
All's well, that ends well.
Michael
2017/08/09 22:20:27
pentimentosound
I couldn't remember when I started this thread and checked just now....
5 weeks!   At least it's solved now..........
Michael
2017/08/10 17:11:10
bitflipper
YAY! Now you'll have to burn a CD for the car, just to have a souvenir of your CDA adventure. Every time you play it, you'll remember why you hate upgrading computers and swear to never do it again.
2017/08/10 18:15:05
pentimentosound
LOL   Exactly!   I have already started thinking about finding a new way to burn CD's, knowing that road will end.
It might inspire me to upload the album and let go of the "hardware" and shipping altogether! LOL
Michael
2017/08/18 17:36:17
Beatmodo
Thanks for bringing this here and getting it solved so we can do the same. Boom!
2017/08/18 17:37:43
pentimentosound
My pleasure. I get so much from all of you, that this is "easy" to do in return.
Michael
2017/08/19 01:45:23
Jesse G
I finally found my CD Architect 5.2 Software in a box in the garage.  I went to the Magix website and then I went to the register a product page and entered the serial number and it gave me the download file to CD Architect 5.2 to  install as well as a link to download the manual.

Nice to have the software again.

2017/08/19 11:12:39
pentimentosound
Did you have any issues opening/running it? My issue was that I only had the CDA 5 serial number that came with my original purchase and though I updated years ago, I didn't get a new (required) serial, till Magix sent me one.
Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account