• Software
  • SOLVED I can't activate my CD Architect 5.2 on new PC (p.6)
2017/08/19 19:11:33
Jesse G
pentimentosound

Did you have any issues opening/running it? My issue was that I only had the CDA 5 serial number that came with my original purchase and though I updated years ago, I didn't get a new (required) serial, till Magix sent me one.
Michael

Nope, no issues with installing it or opening it as my Serial began with B6.  As I said, when I registered the Serial number with Magix, and they gave me the option do download the software and download the manual.  I was so shocked that they offered me the download files.  I purchased Sound Forge 8 back in 2005 and CD Architect 5.2(a) was bundled with it.

I tested the software and it worked just as it did when I purchased it initially many years ago.  I purchased CD Architect 5.2(a) and Sony Sound forge 8 at the same time, but now, there is no reason for my to attempt to install Sound forge 8.

I went into the software this morning, looked under the Help tab and selected the updates link. It took me back to the Magix page where I selected downloads.  I entered the Serial number I had for CD Architect 5.2(a) and I was presented with a download optiom for CD Architect 5.2 (ii). This downloadable file happened to be version 5.2(d) (Build 240) and it came with a new serial number, however, I didn't need to enter the serial number as I just installed the update over top of the version previously installed.   I guess if I uninstall the software and performed a new install with version(d), I would have needed the new serial number given along with the download.

I am not sure of the difference between Version (A) and (D), however,  I am great to have it, as version (d) is the latest version of the software.

Thanks for starting this post pentimentosound and I am glad you were able to resolve your problem as well.
2017/08/19 19:55:47
pentimentosound
I'm glad too!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account