• Software
  • Line 6 Helix Native is coming....
2017/08/08 22:44:31
bapu

Helix Native

Critically acclaimed guitar effects processor in a plug-in format.

Helix® Native delivers the power and tonal authenticity of award-winning HX Modeling technology in a plug-in. Like the hardware members of the Helix family of guitar processors—Helix Floor, Helix Rack, and Helix LT—the Helix Native plug-in features accurate recreations of vintage and modern amplifiers, speaker cabinets, microphones, and effects, as well as extensive signal-routing capabilities and an intuitive user interface. Not just for guitarists, the Helix Native plug-in is also ideal for producers and engineers, sound designers, film/TV/game composers, electronic musicians, and anyone else seeking to craft new and exciting sounds and special effects. And preset compatibility across the entire Helix family allows Helix hardware users to bring studio-created sounds to the stage by simply transferring their plug-in presets to their Helix Floor, Helix Rack, or Helix LT processors.
2017/08/09 01:30:17
Rain
That's one I'll be interested in hearing. 
2017/08/09 01:55:11
Mesh
Rain
That's one I'll be interested in hearing. 

+1.....and hopefully with a good sales pricing/upgrade. 
2017/08/09 11:46:26
clintmartin
I've owned the Helix, AX8, Amplifire, HD500X, S-Gear, Amplitube 4, and Revalver 4.
I prefer S-Gear (and sometimes Amplitube) for modeling. I sold all hardware modelers and bought a
Roland Blues Cube Artist for live stuff.
Helix Native will be a big hit. It's up there with the top tier stuff and offers lots of amps and effects.
I only need a few things...S-Gear is as good as anything else at what it can do.

2017/08/09 12:48:35
cclarry
clintmartin

Helix Native will be a big hit. 

That will be purely dependent on price.  Chances are it will be outrageously priced
due to the price point of the Helix Hardware unit.  But one can hope...
2017/08/09 13:13:10
cclarry
Just read that they said at NAMM the price would be around $300,
or $99 for existing Helix owners...

That will keep a lot of potential customers away...regardless of how good
it may be.  They haven't figured out that you are better off selling millions
of copies at $99 rather than thousands at $300...

That will also keep the vast majority away until it goes on sale...and Line 6
sales are few and far between...
2017/08/09 13:18:31
cclarry
And they will have a subscription model apparently...
2017/08/09 13:23:50
bapu
I'm OK with a $300 price tag. Just not sure I'd pay that price.
2017/08/09 13:49:35
Jim Roseberry
Just another person's opinion:

I've owned the Kemper, Axe-FX II XL+, AX8, HeadRush, and Helix.
Helix is the only "modeling" unit that I've kept... because the sound and flexibility (both studio and live).

I've owned most of the software amp-sim plugins (including Amplitube and S-Gear).
I don't even bother installing my software amp-sim plugins.
Helix is incredibly flexible, easy to use, and sounds better (IMO) than any current software plugin.

Not only good for electric guitar sounds; If you have a piezo equipped guitar, you can use "acoustic body resonance" IRs to dramatically enhance the acoustic sound (eliminating that smacky/quacky nature).
I've compared the Axe-FX II XL+ side-by-side with Helix.  In this capacity, Helix (IMO) sounds more natural (less processed) than the Axe-FX II XL+ and AX8.

If you play live, Helix's form-factor is super convenient.
"Scenes" make it easy to make dramatic changes (instantly) with one foot-switch.
If you need to fly-in a bit of sampled audio, Helix foot-switches can send MIDI notes.
You've got brightly lit scribble-strips above each foot-switch (reminders when playing live).

What I like most about Helix:
If you can imagine something, it's quick/easy to make it happen.

For Helix owners, the Native version is $99.
IMO, That's a no-brainer.
At $400 (for those without Helix), it's a tougher choice.
I'm sure there will be discounts.

2017/08/09 13:51:31
Jim Roseberry
I would have edited the above post... but if I do... the site software will remove it.

The word "Scenes" should be "SnapShots".
Helix uses "SnapShots".

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account