2007/10/04 11:32:29
digitaleagle12
I just upgaded to sonar 7 and am really liking Rapture. Since I only have the LE version right now does anyone know what is missing with LE vs. the Pro version. I can't seem to find any documentation on it anywhere.

If those of you "In the KNOW" would let me "KNOW" I would really appreciate it.

BTW I have Dimension Pro and didn't think I would want Rapture - But I was wrong. I WANT IT BAD!
2007/10/04 12:23:06
dantarbill

ORIGINAL: digitaleagle

I just upgreaded to sonar 7 and am really liking Rapture. Since I only have the LE version right now does anyone know what is missing with LE vs. the Pro version. I can't seem to find any documentation on it anywhere.

If those of you "In the KNOW" would let me "KNOW" I would really appreciate it.

BTW I have Dimension Pro and didn't think I would want Rapture - But I was wrong. I WANT IT BAD!

In general, the LE version lets you play existing Rapture content with some limited tweakability. The full version lets you change EVERYTHING. The actual "tweakers" on this forum can give you more detail though.
2007/10/04 12:58:28
digitaleagle12
Thanks dantarbill. If anyone knows specifically what is missing from tweaking I would appreciate it. I dont' do a lot of tweaking and it looks as if you can at least utilize the filters and resonance but not envelopes?
2007/10/04 14:59:21
EMUsed
Hello,

look for the help-file (documentation-folder).

In the topics-line you will find a comment like "not in LE-Version"

on every feature, that is disabled.
2007/10/04 21:51:31
digitaleagle12
EMUsed - thanks for the tip-but what folder are you referring to? I have looked everywhere and can't find any documentation on this. Sonar documentation folder? Rapture? I have looked in both and can't seem to find anything like you are referring to. If you could send me the file or cut and copy the documentation I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.
2007/10/05 03:36:27
EMUsed
Hello,

go to: C/Program Files/Cakewalk/Rapture LE/Documentation/Rapture.chm.

I bought the Rapture Full Version and re-installed Sonar7 (without Rapture LE)

so "my" Rapture.chm don`t shows the differences.

But, for comparison, look at the Documentation-Folder of Dimension LE.

Threre are the differences listet.

BTW, I own the german version of Sonar. But I think it is the same in other

languages.
2007/10/05 10:28:32
digitaleagle12
Thank you for the specifics. I'll take a look tonight and see if I can find it.

Best Regards,
2007/10/05 10:45:21
:10:
LE

Better than LE

2007/10/05 11:05:39
digitaleagle12
Thanks - you sold me. I ordered Rapture Pro. I didn't think I would like this synth (because they really pushed it as being a very electronic music oriented instrument) but I find it can be used in a much wider genre of music. I also have Dimension Pro and the two compliment each other nicely. I think they both sound great and are very playable. I wish Cakewalk would stop giving me these light versions because I'm going broke buying the upgrades.

Anyway - thanks for the info.
2007/10/05 11:12:04
:10:
dont forget...the P5 wiki has skins available for both rapture and Dpro.

http://p5.sonarama.com/p5/index.php/Dimension_Pro#User-Contributed_Dimension_Skins

hmm, on second look..I cant seem to find the rapture ones?....

also at my website - http://www.sforsythe.net/dpro.html

enjoy.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account