• Software
  • Does Waves fabricate their customer reviews? (p.2)
2017/07/24 10:38:05
interpolated
Be that as it may, you should evaluate the product and make your own mind up. A product is only as good as the person uses it for. I trialled the Brauer Motion and whilst it was interesting as an effect...it's not something I would reach for over anything else.

There are plenty other companies out there with decent products. Waves realised this and created a sale which seems to have worked. I think though the best effects I personally have used are by Universal Audio and TC Electronic which essentially require hardware to use however fair enough.

Also with products like Harrison 32C console mixer (Mixbus) available now, could this be another outlet for musicians to finely craft their sound?

2017/07/24 12:19:53
kennywtelejazz
When I was just a little baby being born the doctor slapped me on my a$$ after he had just pulled me out of my favorite warm comfortable place that once was my home  .
Then when he took a good look at my birth certificate he saw that my name was listed as OOppss.  
Since he didn't know what to do with me , he didn't stick me in with all the other baby's in the maternity ward ...

This is something I'm eternally grateful for...it taught me to think for myself ... 

Having said that , I try to avoid all the online customer reviews when ever I can ...it feeds the GAS Monster 
Also , I have very little trust in what anyone has to say when it comes to me reaching into my wallet and parting with the green ....

Kenny
2017/07/24 12:22:01
Mesh
On the other hand, I don't recall seeing (from general forum users) anyone complain about any of the Wave's plugins, so they must be doing something right.......rooooight?
2017/07/24 12:41:41
kennywtelejazz
Mesh
On the other hand, I don't recall seeing (from general forum users) anyone complain about any of the Wave's plugins, so they must be doing something right.......rooooight?

Sure , no doubt the Waves plugins are probably considered by every one to be a top tier product ...

I'm willing to give them that ...

My answer to that one is ,

Others can do as they will and you will have my blessing , As for me , I choose to swim in calm Waters 

all the best,

Kenny
2017/07/24 13:31:04
Mesh
Hi Kenny,

I was actually just making a general comment on the OP and not yours (I think we posted ours at the same time). I do respect a lot of the folks that come in here and their opinions, and (before buying a plugin) I do exactly what you said: "think for myself"..............................unless it's a no brainer.  
2017/07/24 14:03:31
tlw
bitflipper
Magazines do prefer positive reviews, but it's not necessarily insidious, deceptive or advertising-driven. They simply ignore the bad products. 

A surprising number of magazine reviews are just re-writes of the manufacturer's copy. It's lazy journalism on the one hand and probably a journalist running out of ideas about what to say on the other.

A classic example was a review of the Waldorf Q when it was initially released. The reviewer went into some detail about how impressive some functions were. The catch being that the Q was notorioulsy released with buggy and incomplete firmware - a number of the features the review raved about hadn't been debugged or implemented in the version of the firmware in the synth they were "reviewing".
2017/07/24 14:26:31
kennywtelejazz
Mesh
Hi Kenny,

I was actually just making a general comment on the OP and not yours (I think we posted ours at the same time). I do respect a lot of the folks that come in here and their opinions, and (before buying a plugin) I do exactly what you said: "think for myself"..............................unless it's a no brainer.  

Hi Mesh , 

Yeah , I didn't really know , it's all good ..we did post at the same time it seems ...it doesn't really matter anyway ..
We are all cool in the Cakewalk Hood 

I'm not a hater of the brand ..I do like Waves plugs I just don't use them any more ... still reserve the right to change my opinion someday .  

other than that , 

I don't give two $hits about the brands of plugs that other people use unless I'm looking to buy them . Then I care all of a sudden  

Kenny

2017/07/24 14:40:39
yorolpal
You mean all this time I've been toutin this or that plugin or company I coulda been makin some geetus??!!  Welp...that's a horse on me.  But it's probably just as well.  I couldn't ever be no "ambassador".  It would have to be somethin like "centurion" or "badass"  or "nabob".

2017/07/24 14:49:10
BassDaddy
Journalists using the Internet as a source (that's not Journalism!)
News coming at you all day long
And everyone has an agenda
EVERYONE has their own spin
Everything you read should be taken with a grain of salt
You better be able to sift through the BS
You better be able to look out for your own interests
You better be able to think for yourself and make up your own mind
2017/07/24 15:20:17
Mesh
Where does the "no brainer" fall in with that list?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account