• Software
  • Does Waves fabricate their customer reviews? (p.5)
2017/07/25 22:03:17
interpolated

I just wasn't wowed by the effect.  Anyway I was aware of what it does and watched the videos by Brauer himself on how to use it.  So anyway I used it on some Taiko drums and something else like a noise sweep. It's a subtle effect but can be use less subtle. 

So I sort of understand what it does although not fully yet and I might look at buying at some point. Just isn't a priority for me as I want to get more plug-ins to do with premastering at the moment.

2017/07/25 22:22:51
Eddie TX
Thanks to Tim for responding to the conspiracy-mongering in this thread.

Cheers,
Eddie

Amen to that!!

And you can take some of the respondents remarks in this thread with a grain of salt, or perhaps a truck load of salt, especially the one(s) who have a loooooooooong track record over the years of having an agenda and being very negatively biased when it comes to Waves, and vocally anti Waves at every opportunity.

Always demo stuff and find out for yourself, it is the only way.
2017/07/25 23:26:11
interpolated
Just for the record I have purchased a few Waves plug-ins recently. Mainly EQ, analogue modelling like AR J37 Tape, VEQ (Neve) . I don't think I'm anti-waves at all just don't think everybody should be so forced into having the same opinion.

2017/07/25 23:34:44
Fleer
Eddie TX
Thanks to Tim for responding to the conspiracy-mongering in this thread.

Cheers,
Eddie

Nice of him to visit. Personally love Waves plugins but deeply dislike WUP.
2017/07/26 02:28:42
AT
Thumbs up to Waves for joining in the discussion.  And for making some great products. 

So now the next time someone points out that SONAR isn't a major DAW, Cake can say, "Well, Waves is watching, so ...." ;-)
2017/07/26 09:43:58
Grem
Thanks Tim for joining the discussion. Helps out around here.

I love my Waves plugins. Can't say anything bad about WUP. Never used it.

Reviews, I do read them and just like opinions, I listen to what I want!
2017/07/26 10:49:32
Zargg
Hi. I agree with Grem (Michael) here. Cool to have Waves here, chiming in.
I haven't used WUP, so can't say anything (at all) about it.
Great plugins!

As far as reviews go.
There are probably as many opinions as user. But which group of users write reviews? The ones with positive experience, or those with bad ones?
I seldom write negative reviews, as I usually just stop using plugins I don't like, and move on to something else.
Those plugins are usually easily forgotten in my head.
Only my opinion, of course.
All the best
2017/07/26 13:27:47
emeraldsoul
BassDaddy
Journalists using the Internet as a source (that's not Journalism!)
News coming at you all day long
And everyone has an agenda
EVERYONE has their own spin
Everything you read should be taken with a grain of salt
You better be able to sift through the BS
You better be able to look out for your own interests
You better be able to think for yourself and make up your own mind

No fair posting excellent song lyrics as thread responses. :)

I do believe that Waves and all companies massage their testimonials. It's called marketing.

Lots of good plug-ins, though, no complaints. They let you try before you buy in most cases, can't ask for fairer than that.

-Tom
2017/07/26 15:32:14
Zo
I will take myself as an exemple ...when i don t like a plugins ( oor a video lol) i just skip'it ... done

I usually don tpost reviews , but when i do it s when i really think i have to share how exellent a tool is ... i guess a lot are also like this , so i don t find it suspect ...

All the raving reviews are on products i consider exellent ...or at least some that can be loved by the mass...

I tried he cla mixdown , and i m not at all impressed by it but i can really understand why people loves it ....fiving that it works wonder on certain type of music /scenario ...
2017/07/26 20:03:15
kitekrazy1
Next up is Zero-G.  They always have great reviews.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account